• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heating Up (Market Value)
1 1

40 posts in this topic

56 minutes ago, BCarter27 said:

Frazetta oils jumped up to $5M.

That's certainly the headline some people want seen lol

Meanwhile, I'll correct it to "an oil" (singular not plural) and a reasonably defensible and appropriate asterix applied to any number greater than the actual and single $4.5m bid.

15 minutes ago, vodou said:

That's certainly the headline some people want seen lol

Meanwhile, I'll correct it to "an oil" (singular not plural) and a reasonably defensible and appropriate asterix applied to any number greater than the actual and single $4.5m bid.

$5.4 million giphy.gif

3 hours ago, kbmcvay said:

People have mentioned the second Dave Cockrum X-Men run and the Alan Davis Excalibur pages as having the prices really start to take off in the last year or two. Are there any other series that fit the bill?

I asked a Donelly about this and he said everything has appreciated in value. I asked for specifics and he said inquire. When I asked if there was anything they owned that had depreciated he said, let me ask my brother.

5 hours ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

Basically, anything that is rumoured/has been optioned for a movie or TV show

Sincerely asking--is this true? Or how true is this? Although I agree that Infinity Gauntlet pages received a bump, but what about other properties such as Luke Cage, Alias, Daredevil, Justice League? Don't know. Can anyone confirm if their OA from the above (or other on-screen properties) took a bump? What about the cool downs when shows are cancelled or big screen storylines come to an end?

5 hours ago, kbmcvay said:

People have mentioned the second Dave Cockrum X-Men run and the Alan Davis Excalibur pages as having the prices really start to take off in the last year or two. Are there any other series that fit the bill?

Much like his comics, most things Venom have really taken off.  I used to be able to get Lethal Protector pages with Venom in combat for less than 200... not possible any more.

Egyptian Queen secured a record, but Fritz OA was already $$$$$ before it.  And I don't think "taken off" is the best way to describe his market in the wake of an auction with a single bid that cleared (a super high) reserve.

Edit: At least, I hope not.  It was plenty hard enough to get anything nice by him before.

Edited by exitmusicblue

4 hours ago, kbmcvay said:

I'm seeing Y the last Man start to move up a bit. And Anything Infinity Gauntlet related, particularly with Thanos in it. 

32 minutes ago, Jay Olie Espy said:

Sincerely asking--is this true? Or how true is this? Although I agree that Infinity Gauntlet pages received a bump, but what about other properties such as Luke Cage, Alias, Daredevil, Justice League? Don't know. Can anyone confirm if their OA from the above (or other on-screen properties) took a bump? What about the cool downs when shows are cancelled or big screen storylines come to an end?

This is not true, actually. I know because I've been tracking these types of pages. Walking Dead and Preacher aside, you get a short term speculative bump, and that's pretty much it. And I'm not sure how much the appreciation (such as it was) of Preacher Art was TV show related vs it just being right in the demographic sweet spot for collectors.

34 minutes ago, Jay Olie Espy said:

I wrote about this before. But, basically, the comic property has to become something of a cultural phenomenon before the art from the comic starts showing any appreciation due to the TV show or film. also, film PROPERTIES tend to have more of an impact than TV shows (in general, with WD being the big exception). See, Mark Bagley Venom pages from ASM. 

15 minutes ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

I wrote about this before. But, basically, the comic property has to become something of a cultural phenomenon before the art from the comic starts showing any appreciation due to the TV show or film. also, film PROPERTIES tend to have more of an impact than TV shows (in general, with WD being the big exception). See, Mark Bagley Venom pages from ASM. 

I agree.  I don't, for example that Spider-Man pages have gone up in value because of the films.  Two totally different audiences.