Problems Sorting Private Messages into Folders

18 posts in this topic

11,356 posts
Posted (edited)

Is anyone having issues moving private PMs from their in-box to folders? Each time I move one, it goes into the folder above the file I selected it to go to. When I try to move them to the right one, they stay in the wrong one. 

Just me?

Edited by Get Marwood & I
When you make your apple pie, to make sure that it tastes nice, you add some more sugar, remember what you eat you are...

39,498 posts

I don't know what's going on.I miss the old inbox style on the old boards.Now trying to find a few year old PM is a pain in the arse.old.dold.old.old.bold fold mold cold OLD

11,356 posts
1 minute ago, porcupine48 said:

I don't know what's going on.I miss the old inbox style on the old boards.Now trying to find a few year old PM is a pain in the arse.old.dold.old.old.bold fold mold cold OLD

You forgot gold Jim. And hold. And sold, I'm told. They do suck, yes, and always have. But we're stuck with them. CGC no pay penny and Admin are stuck with an off the shelf product that they can't influence much (hence their relative absence recently I guess? Not much to do now the reins have been handed over to Slimvision). But this new quirk must be a new glitch. Assuming it's not just me that is. 

39,498 posts

Choad. lol I gotta run,catcha flipside

11,356 posts
Just now, porcupine48 said:

Choad. lol I gotta run,catcha flipside

dog.gif.b18993e1e2734e74ed01859b50b1be0b.gif

11,356 posts
20 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Is anyone having issues moving private PMs from their in-box to folders? Each time I move one, it goes into the folder above the file I selected it to go to. When I try to move them to the right one, they stay in the wrong one. 

Just me?

I just tried moving one of the mis-filed messages into the folder (in the pick list) below the one I wanted it in, and it placed it in the correct one above! So it seems like the filing mechanism is one folder out of sequence? 

I won't flag an admin until someone else confirms they have the same problem.

11,356 posts

@skypinkblu Sharon, you've mentioned PMs in the past - is this happening to you too? :foryou:

11,356 posts

Just tried again.

PM Inbox - top message from AJD:

pm1.PNG.0ed4872646d8fb01cdd922c12dfa6e3f.PNG

Select that message to bring up the move function:

pm2.PNG.618d2fb0d1a442cec52b7a9974a44e24.PNG

Click on the arrow and up comes the 'Move Conversations' box:

pm3.thumb.PNG.bb22d43ed2842a515e56801866c0901d.PNG

Select AJD from the pick list:

pm4.PNG.e533f69f97449e163836ec602f2d4c6e.PNG

With AJD selected, click on save:

pm5.PNG.f4560127e722d86f68e73fe432075922.PNG

And the PM moves to 'Ken Aldred', the folder above AJD in my selection pick list!

pm6.PNG.febb9cccb0311a70465f534cd15b2c90.PNG

No wonder I can never find anything!  Angry.gif.2cc5a970b3ff45721231cce63b1aa220.gif

11,356 posts
30 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

I don't see me and I'm crushed :tonofbricks:

Yours is the only PM that stays in the inbox Jim. Too big to file mate :headbang:

39,498 posts
8 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Yours is the only PM that stays in the inbox Jim. Too big to file mate :headbang:

Will we get a strike for BM?Likely.

11,356 posts
5 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

Will we get a strike for BM?Likely.

Mebbe...

39,498 posts
4 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Mebbe...

I'm not going to,ahem-push it.

:D

11,356 posts

Well, no response to this issue from those tagged and not one reader has stepped forward to help. Fortunately, Deadone has said he will take a look for me after I dropped him a PM. I tried filing some messages again yesterday and one PM moved correctly but the second was misfiled as above. If this turns out to be a widespread thing it could really make life hard for any sellers who set up folders for individual buyers pm's. 

Have to say, I really don't see the point of this section of the boards. You post issues in good faith, provide screenshots and examples and get nothing. "You have to flag the admins" they say, as they don't monitor the section. So you tag them. And still get nothing. No good deed, eh.....

10,609 posts
12 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Well, no response to this issue from those tagged and not one reader has stepped forward to help. Fortunately, Deadone has said he will take a look for me after I dropped him a PM. I tried filing some messages again yesterday and one PM moved correctly but the second was misfiled as above. If this turns out to be a widespread thing it could really make life hard for any sellers who set up folders for individual buyers pm's. 

:hi:

Sorry for being away, Steve.

I've tried to get your problem to duplicate on my end, but everything for me seems to be working the way it should.
I must say though that my filing is new as I've always just kept everything in my inbox. But I did create a dozen folders and moved messages, older and newer, in and out of those folders at varying times throughout the past day with no problems. I also tried this on two separate browsers with the same, positive results.

As a last ditch effort, I contacted my buddy @HollyJollyOne whom I know uses folders quite a bit and asked them to check it out. At first, they told me, in classic board tradition, to "Go Fist Yourself", but once the nog started flowing, they lightened up tried and on their end. Again with the same positive results as myself.

I'm sorry I couldn't be more help. :sorry:

Hopefully, one of the admins. will step in and help. @Architecht @dena @Scott =)  

Edited by DeadOne

11,356 posts

Thanks for trying Bryan - and Holly :foryou:

It's a strange one. Makes me think I'm doing something wrong somehow, but it's a simple enough series of steps...

Hopefully it's just a quirk my end then (get your jokes in now) if no one else can replicate it. 

Thanks again.