• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stealing Certification numbers

6 posts in this topic

Hey folks,

I have a really large sales thread going, and it seems someone is stealing the certification numbers for the books I am selling for their own registry without purchasing them. I tried emailing the registry email, but it bounced back. Is there any way I can stop this? I can't be the only one that has had someone try to steal their cert numbers. 

Alex

35 minutes ago, AlexH said:

Hey folks,

I have a really large sales thread going, and it seems someone is stealing the certification numbers for the books I am selling for their own registry without purchasing them. I tried emailing the registry email, but it bounced back. Is there any way I can stop this? I can't be the only one that has had someone try to steal their cert numbers. 

Alex

It is easy if you have them registered - because you will get a notification and you can send CGC a reject notice. But if you don't have them registered and they are stolen, I would send Bree or whomever is in charge of the Registry now a PM or give her a call and give her the list of numbers and see if she can nip it in the bud.

12 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Alternatively, create a new registry user, go after the books that were 'taken' from you and continue after ALL the other books the registry thief also has.

lol