• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has an artist’s work ever changed your mind?

30 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, Twanj said:

I always liked Bagley, and had friends who felt the same way (from the 90s). I loved McFarlane & Larsen too on ASM, but Bagley wasn't as flashy. But still great.

Consistency tho! Still a great artist.

My OA collection, which was originally focused on Ron Lim (& I still want to more, there just isn't much available) has almost become a Bagley collection: https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerydetail.asp?gcat=103642

I saw on IG Dexter Vines was inking an awesome piece by Bagley yesterday: 

just Liked some Bagley goodness in your CAF.  One of those rare examples of total nostalgia who's still going strong.

38 minutes ago, Twanj said:

I always liked Bagley, and had friends who felt the same way (from the 90s). I loved McFarlane & Larsen too on ASM, but Bagley wasn't as flashy. But still great.

Consistency tho! Still a great artist.

My OA collection, which was originally focused on Ron Lim (& I still want to more, there just isn't much available) has almost become a Bagley collection: https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerydetail.asp?gcat=103642

I saw on IG Dexter Vines was inking an awesome piece by Bagley yesterday: 

just Liked some Bagley goodness in your CAF.  One of those rare examples of total nostalgia who's still going strong.

70s Kirby, Miller, Simonson and to a certain extent Silvestri were all acquired tastes for me. Silvestri on X-Men has become total love if inked by Green. 70s Kirby I totally get and admire now. Miller I see what he was doing and why people love him, but still am not prepared to invest massively to add a piece to my collection . As to Simonson, I have  his Thor  AE and it absolutely rocks.

2 hours ago, Carlo M said:

70s Kirby, Miller, Simonson and to a certain extent Silvestri were all acquired tastes for me. Silvestri on X-Men has become total love if inked by Green. 70s Kirby I totally get and admire now. Miller I see what he was doing and why people love him, but still am not prepared to invest massively to add a piece to my collection . As to Simonson, I have  his Thor  AE and it absolutely rocks.

Would love a Simonson Beta Ray Bill page, but... I might have better luck finding an actual unicorn!

Edited by exitmusicblue

George Herriman. I did not find any attraction in Krazy Kat at all for the longest time. Then I read his biography and the examples they gave in the book plus knowing about his life made me a fan. I see so much in the work now that I never saw before.

12 minutes ago, exitmusicblue said:

Would love a Simonson Beta Ray Bill page, but... I might have better luck finding an actual unicorn!

Not really. These are easy: you just need Walt's address and a complete lack of morals, along with no fear of the law.

1 hour ago, Bird said:

and I saved the packaging like a true fanboy!

I have a whole separate collection of packages addressed in the artist's hand with their return address. Maybe it's fanboy but to me it's just cool.

Don't have a Simonson but three favorites are: Steve Ditko, Jeffrey Jones, and Earl Norem.