• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

November HA auction
2 2

1,042 posts in this topic

Holy cow. Cap 103 cover, that insane FF 59 Black Bolt demi-splash, and, most importantly,  the litmus test for the future of the hobby, a Sal Buscema cover

https://comics.ha.com/c/search-results.zx?Ne=1058&N=52+792+4294943616+1067+&limitTo=all&ic5=CatalogHome-ActionArea-Search-071515

salsubby.jpg

Edited by glendgold
Remembered the word "demi" and decided to use it even if I'm too lazy to look it up

2 hours ago, glendgold said:

Holy cow. Cap 103 cover, that insane FF 59 Black Bolt demi-splash, and, most importantly,  the litmus test for the future of the hobby, a Sal Buscema cover

salsubby.jpg

Which will go for more? The Kirby or the Sal??? 

I looked up the FF 59 half splash in the comic.  Difficult to price.  Amazing image of BBolt, large art.  But the two top panels are not that interesting and no FF.  Not quite sure where it will end up. Would look very nice on the wall though....

Carlo

39 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

Published cover looks different than the original, Red Skull mouth for example

Must have visited a good dentist in-between takes.  No budding celebrity would be without a set of gleaming gnashers.

63860_1.jpg

3 hours ago, vodou said:

200 + 40 = 240 is my guess. Could be lower even but I'm not seeing higher.

What's up with those yuge hands?

It’s a beauty but I think you’re pretty spot on. Not higher anyways. Now on a good day......two bidders with I don’t give a blank attitudes and the bankrolls to duke it out....

2 hours ago, BCarter27 said:

Cap is so tiny on there. Red Skull fans out there? Personally, I don't like this above $80-90K.

I do think it’ll go higher but some bidders  will undoubtedly think what you’re thinking. Not enough Cap!

8 hours ago, delekkerste said:

Which will go for more? The Kirby or the Sal??? 

Kirby sorta prime, Sal sorta prime....hmm based on a select few the irrefutable opinions on this board...1.8 million to .53 cents in Kirby’s favor? Or something like that, I think once you try and measure it you change the outcome.

4 hours ago, batman_fan said:

Published cover looks different than the original, Red Skull mouth for example

Yeah the Red Skull appears to be to be touched up or fully redrawn. The mouth not only but look at the man on the left side, Skulls clothing is not in alignment with him anymore, the point of fabric goes from over his face to above the head.

2EE039F6-E8C8-4F90-A82B-A10C2B74E8B7.jpeg

B6F5AB5A-76F2-4C58-A996-267112F4092F.jpeg

Edited by zhamlau

42 minutes ago, zhamlau said:

Yeah the Red Skull appears to be to be touched up or fully redrawn. The mouth not only but look at the man on the left side, Skulls clothing is not in alignment with him anymore, the point of fabric goes from over his face to above the head.

I think the original looks way better than the published.  To me, Red Skull looks way more menacing.  

42 minutes ago, zhamlau said:

So that means this a prelim or unused cover and people should discount their bids accordingly, to a point less than what I would pay.  

22 minutes ago, bluechip said:

So that means this a prelim or unused cover and people should discount their bids accordingly, to a point less than what I would pay.  

I was just writing that myself.