• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

November HA auction
2 2

1,042 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, grapeape said:

The 59 a Kirby peak period masterpiece so as Kirby my number one guy it’s the 59. They are both great and ideally I’d like them both. I’m not greedy just a dreamer.

I am impatiently waiting for HA to post the scan of it. I am not sure what it looks like. For the Cap cover, I think the Red Skull looks super creepy. :luhv:

1 hour ago, batman_fan said:

I am impatiently waiting for HA to post the scan of it. I am not sure what it looks like. For the Cap cover, I think the Red Skull looks super creepy. :luhv:

Yes classic horror film creepy. Red Skull and even more beloved Dr Doom on a cover would be out of this world to own. Especially with DOOM if he was the dominant figure on a cover over any hero I would prefer it.

I love this stuff. Can never repay Kirby and all the others.

Edited by grapeape

16 hours ago, Bronty said:

Anyone have a pic of the ff59 page in question? 

It was on the wall at SDCC pretty much next to the Cap cover....there's got to be a nice pic of it somewhere. I'll see what I can find. 

53 minutes ago, rsonenthal said:

See if this works.  It's not creased.  It's in plastic and there are shadows being cast.

FF59 (2).jpg

Hey Ron, I see the Phantom Stranger cover by Neal Adams with the swamp creature right next to this FF page.  Do you happen to have a picture of that and or know what the price was on that?  Looks like maybe 45k? Always thought it was a great cover, and remember seeing it in Mike Thibideux's collection for years.

Edited by stinkininkin

1 hour ago, batman_fan said:

really?  Really? :whatthe: 

batman251.jpg

Uh-oh, looks like P-Nutz became C-Nutz and now is about to go B-Nutz. :ohnoez: 

Anyway, this is going to be fun to watch.  For many, this is the pre-eminent cover of the DC Bronze Age (for me, it's my second favorite after House of Secrets #92, but edges out Wonder Woman #199, Green Lantern #85 and Batman #232 and #244). 

Going to need to break out extra bags of popcorn for this one. :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: 

Edited by delekkerste

Just now, delekkerste said:

Uh-oh, look like P-Nutz became C-Nutz and now is about to go B-Nutz. :ohnoez: 

Anyway, this is going to be fun to watch.  For many, this is the pre-eminent cover of the DC Bronze Age (for me, it's my second favorite after House of Secrets #92, but edges out Wonder Woman #199, Green Lantern #85 and Batman #232 and #244). 

Going to need to break out extra bags of popcorn for this one. :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: 

:mad:

That's Mr P-Nutz to you !

Pretty amazing to see, but the material coming up in HA is so far beyond my meager means but will be interesting to watch.

1 hour ago, glendgold said:

This is pretty good, too.  From Masterworks, and I've never seen it for sale before. 

kirby surfer 1978 masterworks.jpg

Yeah, Sinnott inked this over Jack’s pencils for the back cover of Larry Shell’s and my book.

This was one of the originals Jack got back after the book was published. 

I own the Bulls Eye piece Jack specifically drew for our book.

MI

3 hours ago, delekkerste said:

Uh-oh, looks like P-Nutz became C-Nutz and now is about to go B-Nutz. :ohnoez: 

Yeah. I'm not a DC, Batman, Bronze Age or Neal Adams guy and even I recognize when something walks into the room I should stand up for. This is magnificent.