• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

November HA auction
2 2

1,042 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, batman_fan said:

I missed that, thanks!

Sure thing. It's easy to miss details in some of the Heritage descriptions. 

Personally, I'd be more interested to know if the logo was on an overlay or attached directly on top of some original artwork. if it's directly attached, which I'm guessing is the case, that's a shame, although it may have been done to avoid seeing or cleaning unsightly rubber cement stains. 

Mike

1 minute ago, mxs7 said:

Personally, I'd be more interested to know if the logo was on an overlay or attached directly on top of some original artwork. if it's directly attached, which I'm guessing is the case, that's a shame, although it may have been done to avoid seeing or cleaning unsightly rubber cement stains. 

Mike

It looks so out of place because it is so white.

6 hours ago, mxs7 said:

Mike

The replacement stat is on the original.

MI

On 8/31/2019 at 9:27 AM, Carlo M said:

Thanks a lot Robert.  Those pencils look fantastic.  I will look for a copy of the Jack Kirby  Masterworks!

Now looking at the various scans here is what I see.  There is a pencil page signed by Jack.  Then there is the Heritage page that looks like Sinnott's inks added on the penciled board.  Sinnott made some changes to the background - again look at that sun / planet in the lower right corner - and added his signature.

Then there is the "published" version, that was published as back cover of the Masterworks piece.  That looks like a different ink job by Sinnott, with yet more changes to the backgrounds and different inks on the Surfer and the board.  And Jack's signature also looks different on that one (it is in capital letters and looks like the same writing as Sinnott's, at least on superficial observation).

To add a bit of mystery, by googling Kirby Sinnott Silver Surfer I found yet another version, that looks a lot like the "published" version, but has only Jack's signature, again in capital letters.

Hopefully Heritage's descritpion will shed some light...as a minimum a prospective bidder will want to be reassured that there are Jack's pencils underneath the inks on the page at auction.  Ideally, confirmation that there is no second penciled version of this page, as per the contribution of MI above.

And now I will shut up....

Carlo

Good luck finding a copy of the Masterworks book.

I have only 5 copies left.

MI

1 hour ago, awayne83 said:

So does Heritage not accept credit card as payment? First time bidding there and noticed that. Funny how Clink makes you have one on file, and then Heritage doesn't give the option 

I think you can, but only up to 2k or so

9 hours ago, malvin said:

I think you can, but only up to 2k or so

42 minutes ago, Bronty said:

2.5k I believe yes

Ok good to know. Before i placed a bid, they had a section on how to pay that mentioned cashiers check/mo, echeck or account credit, but didn't see a mention of cc.

On 9/10/2019 at 9:30 AM, awayne83 said:

Ok good to know. Before i placed a bid, they had a section on how to pay that mentioned cashiers check/mo, echeck or account credit, but didn't see a mention of cc.

You can pay higher values with cc if you are ok to pay a cc fee. (2-3%? I cant recall exact amount. Perhaps someone here knows)

Edited by Panelfan1