• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

November HA auction
2 2

1,042 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

Looks as though the Falcon has hooves instead of feet.  Good thing he can fly.

That was his old costume. Facially, he looks a little like Sunfire.

I am unimpressed with this cover. Too cluttered. To each his own.

Edited by Rick2you2

15 hours ago, Rick2you2 said:

That was his old costume. Facially, he looks a little like Sunfire.

I am unimpressed with this cover. Too cluttered. To each his own.

I think you forgot - Sal is top 5. Plus the last Sal cover at HA went sky high. No doubt incentivized someone to put this one up for auction.. Re:clutter- I think it's well composed. The eye moves around the page without much effort. Love the  classic poses too.

On 9/19/2019 at 11:32 PM, grapeape said:

Sal and Frank     

lf?set=path%5B2%2F1%2F3%2F5%2F5%2F21355967%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D

Thoroughly average. Its been proven he was nothing special by the CGC arbiters...I expect this to go for the same as a routine Don Perlin cover, maybe Kupperberg.

1 hour ago, zhamlau said:

Thoroughly average. Its been proven he was nothing special by the CGC arbiters...I expect this to go for the same as a routine Don Perlin cover, maybe Kupperberg.

This is a gorgeous cover. You’re right though I know it’s coming. Average, stinks, a child could draw better.

Thats ok Sal is a treasure. He could care less about what his critics say at this point. 

19 hours ago, LB JEFFERIES said:

lf.thumb.jpg.a29f9f5becee1bc1a3190ec1b08d1829.jpg

So what's the thinking on this?  As close to a top grade, one and done fantastic Frank Miller Dark Knight piece as you will ever see, but not really "published" in the way that one might think of it as DK canon.  How do these two conflicting ideas impact bidding and/or valuation?