• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

November HA auction
2 2

1,042 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, Mickey7 said:

And, never has Spider-man faced such a devastating foe as "Fancy Dan"!    

It's no "prison-rape-green-goblin-splash", that I will concede. 

1 hour ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

Not to be a nattering nabob of negativity or anything like that, but ASM was published bi-monthly for the first six issues, so technically speaking, pages from ASM 1-6 = ‘Year 1”.  Nerdy stuff, I know, but ASM started monthly publication with issue #7.

:baiting:

funnynerd.jpg

1 hour ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

Again, not to be a nattering nabob of negativity, but ASM 1 = March, 1963; ASM 10 = April, 1964

therefore,

Year.

Two.

You sure it’s not to be negative? 

Seems like it’s to be negative. lol 

Edited by comix4fun

Visual Aid: For the Chronologically Impaired....and 1964 was a leap year...which is why it's 366 days. 

1346820395_ScreenShot2019-09-26at8_21_29PM.thumb.png.6bf76fad7e1653da3f111c5d32338f0c.png

That's why March to March isn't 13 months, because it's a year, which is 12 months, otherwise your  anniversaries and birthdays would be one month earlier every year to fall on the annum. That would be anarchy. lol 

Edited by comix4fun

Not to lose the spirit of the point (a fabulous page from Spidey's first year on the ASM title) but since there's a heavy investment in busting my stones tonight, it led me to a wonderful resource I had forgotten about. 

Mike's Amazing World. 

http://www.mikesamazingworld.com/mikes/index.php

They took the time to painstakingly research the actual street release date for many multitudes of comics from the past. That includes ASM. 

http://www.mikesamazingworld.com/mikes/features/search.php?searchtype=comic&searchtxt=Amazing spider-man

ASM 1 On Sale Date: December 10, 1962 ------ ASM 10 On Sale Date: December 9, 1963

In case you don't trust Mike....they got the information on release dates from the Library of Congress.

105055100_ScreenShot2019-09-26at10_07_17PM.thumb.png.24dcceffedc90649360b9da7d52fc05b.png

1757206511_ScreenShot2019-09-26at10_07_46PM.thumb.png.ff8aa24065ee4b96eff90a015276cea4.png

364 days apart, LESS THAN A YEAR ....will you look at that....huh. Whattayaknowaboutthat? 

Edited by comix4fun
added emphasis and clarity for the perpetually minutiae-afflicted who intentionally miss the point based on personal grievance or bias. :-P

2 hours ago, comix4fun said:

March 1 to March 1 is one year...12 months. (thumbsu

No, if you draft a contract saying the term will commence on March 1 for a term of 1 year, then it will be understood to expire on Feb 28 (or 29) of the following year.  Additional wording would be needed if the intention was for it to expire on March 1 of the following year. 

25 minutes ago, tth2 said:

March 1964 would put it into Year 2.  Year 1 is March 1963-February 1964.

Keep scrolling down.....

1 hour ago, comix4fun said:

Visual Aid: For the Chronologically Impaired....and 1964 was a leap year...which is why it's 366 days. 

1346820395_ScreenShot2019-09-26at8_21_29PM.thumb.png.6bf76fad7e1653da3f111c5d32338f0c.png

That's why March to March isn't 13 months, because it's a year, which is 12 months, otherwise your  anniversaries and birthdays would be one month earlier every year to fall on the annum. That would be anarchy. lol 

You guys are all crazy ha ha. I feel like the math professor trying to keep up with Matt Damon. How do you like them apples?

Keep scrolling down.....

You should do the same. :baiting:

Put another way, if your birthday is on January 1, then on January 1 you turn 51, for example, and throughout 2019 you are 51 years old, right up through midnight of December 31, 2019.  On January 1, 2020, are you still 51 years old? No, you are now 52. 

We talkin about a new year.  Not the same year, not the same year.  We talkin about a new year.   

I’ll remember that the next time I put together a contract to set the terms of a discussion of the Comics I read in a 12 month span, just in case anyone assumed I could do that without binding legal documents. 

I will give you the plaque for out-nerding the horde here. No one group misses the point more than we nerds seeking validation of our rightness, myself included  

Ps. 364 days is less than a year, right?

Edited by comix4fun

Just...cannot...admit...that...you are wrong comix4fun lol

I'll concede the below re: street dates (if ASM#10 was 12/10/1964 different story though and still not 364 days apart lololololol), but wow - all the rest re: birthdays, contracts, etc...pure hokum. And you've not admitted to being wrong to that, you just had to keep digging to find a fact, any fact to support your conclusion. As usual you hang yourself with your own words. Anyway, you got lucky with Mike's, go play lotto now might be just be a twofer!

9 hours ago, comix4fun said:

Not to lose the spirit of the point (a fabulous page from Spidey's first year on the ASM title) but since there's a heavy investment in busting my stones tonight, it led me to a wonderful resource I had forgotten about. 

Mike's Amazing World. 

http://www.mikesamazingworld.com/mikes/index.php

They took the time to painstakingly research the actual street release date for many multitudes of comics from the past. That includes ASM. 

http://www.mikesamazingworld.com/mikes/features/search.php?searchtype=comic&searchtxt=Amazing spider-man

ASM 1 On Sale Date: December 10, 1962 ------ ASM 10 On Sale Date: December 9, 1963

In case you don't trust Mike....they got the information on release dates from the Library of Congress.

105055100_ScreenShot2019-09-26at10_07_17PM.thumb.png.24dcceffedc90649360b9da7d52fc05b.png

1757206511_ScreenShot2019-09-26at10_07_46PM.thumb.png.ff8aa24065ee4b96eff90a015276cea4.png

364 days apart.....will you look at that....huh. Whattayaknowaboutthat? 

I’ll remember that the next time I put together a contract to set the terms of a discussion of the Comics I read in a 12 month span, just in case anyone assumed I could do that without binding legal documents. 

I will give you the plaque for out-nerding the horde here. No one group misses the point more than we nerds seeking validation of our rightness, myself included  

Ps. 364 days between would put both issues within the same year, right?

Is time travel involved in this discussion, because if time travel is involved, all bets are off.

42 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

Is time travel involved in this discussion, because if time travel is involved, all bets are off.

Time travel is always on the table. 

As soon as I figure it out all these pieces at auction being sold for six/seven figures will be from my personal collection.