• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

November HA auction
2 2

1,042 posts in this topic

Sounds like ditko spidey.   

He made it sound like a single character’s eponymous title.   First ten issues.   Something Conrad would have and worth 4500 in 1997.   Not many things that could be.  

Edited by Bronty

Tremendous stuff in this auction. I consigned a bunch of stuff and looks like my art is all going to Nov 24-Sunday Dec 1?!!? I thought one or two pieces at least might make this auction but there is so much great stuff here I am not really surprised.

Edited by Bird

16 hours ago, Jay Olie Espy said:

Just curious, what is “less than $5000” in 2019 dollars?

So back then Fantastic 4 issue 5 page with no Doom but all FF was 5-7 k.

Early Avengers pages 3-4 k

JIM 112 4 k

Romita ASM four Panel page Spidey and Vulture $900

Ditko Spider-Man 3-5 k

Daredevil 1 page 6500 (Anthony)

Silver Surfer 18 splash 7 k (Bechara)

45 minutes ago, Bird said:

Tremendous stuff in this auction. I consigned a bunch of stuff and looks like my art is all going to Nov 24-Sunday Dec 1?!!? I thought one or two pieces at least might make this auction but there is so much great stuff here I am not really surprised.

Good luck!! There’s so much to choose from. Make a lot of dough.

Just now, grapeape said:

So back then Fantastic 4 issue 5 page with no Doom but all FF was 5-7 k.

Early Avengers pages 3-4 k

JIM 112 4 k

Romita ASM four Panel page Spidey and Vulture $900

Ditko Spider-Man 3-5 k

Daredevil 1 page 6500 (Anthony)

Silver Surfer 18 splash 7 k (Bechara)

Interesting... ASM 8 also had a short Spidey/FF back up story with Kirby pencils and Ditko inks...🤔

Ok Back on topic would love to hear your guess on the final hammer bid on the splash page of FF Annual 2.

including BP

lets hear from everybody 

This is going to be a massive auction. 

Edited by grapeape

4 hours ago, Bronty said:

Sounds like ditko spidey.   

He made it sound like a single character’s eponymous title.   First ten issues.   Something Conrad would have and worth 4500 in 1997.   Not many things that could be.  

FF #5 pages...

11 hours ago, Bird said:

You have to tell Heritage that you want your pieces to go into a Signature auction.  Otherwise, unless it's a piece that they definitely want to go into a Signature auction, they'll always try to push stuff into their weekly auctions to boost the weekly auctions.

10 hours ago, tth2 said:

You have to tell Heritage that you want your pieces to go into a Signature auction.  Otherwise, unless it's a piece that they definitely want to go into a Signature auction, they'll always try to push stuff into their weekly auctions to boost the weekly auctions.

Yeah, there is a minimum valuation threshold for OA entry into a Signature auction.  Last time I spoke with Lon, I believe it was $3K per piece

1 hour ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

Yeah, there is a minimum valuation threshold for OA entry into a Signature auction.  Last time I spoke with Lon, I believe it was $3K per piece

Even if you meet the minimum valuation for entry into a Signature auction, if you don't specifically tell Heritage that you want the piece to go into a Signature auction, they'll invariably try to push it into a weekly auction.

38 minutes ago, tth2 said:

Even if you meet the minimum valuation for entry into a Signature auction, if you don't specifically tell Heritage that you want the piece to go into a Signature auction, they'll invariably try to push it into a weekly auction.

Not disagreeing with your statement at all.  Just saying there is a minimum valuation that must be meet before you even have that discussion with HA to put your piece in a Sig auction.

48 minutes ago, cstojano said:

well the price and the critique are two different things.    I still don't think its a great frazetta, and the price is looney tunes.  IMHO, and no offense to the buyer.   I just don't think its what people really want in a frazetta.

Edited by Bronty