• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

November HA auction
2 2

1,042 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, vodou said:

So assume everything else was got lol

Bids, wins, consignments, history, all personal info, blahblahblah.

This had to happen 2 months after my first auction win. 

Hackers are going to see my account and put some money in. Or say, “I don’t remember cleaning this one out. Do you?”

So glad we can get back to talking about and admiring the great art. As a native New Yorker I can't help but feel something extra special about this one. 

lf?set=path%5B2%2F1%2F5%2F5%2F5%2F21555993%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D

José Luis García-López and Giordano Famous First Edition #C-61 Superman Inside Back Cover Original Art (DC, 1979). By two powerhouse DC artists who are not only favorites of comic fans, but are also highly respected and revered by other artists as well. The clean and crisp lines on this piece are as stunning as the incredible perspective of Superman flying past the twin towers of the World Trade Center. Rendered in ink over graphite on Bristol board with an image area of 9" x 12.5". Signed by both artists in the lower right of the image area, and then signed by García-López again in the lower margin at the 1983 San Diego ComiCon. The Superman logo is a stat paste-up. Toned and in Very Good condition. Comes with a copy of the tabloid comic.

Any guesses on the 2000 AD #2 (First Judge Dredd 5 page story appearance)?

I'm a massive Dreddhead, so this is grail territory for me. But, how will this play in a US comic art auction? I regard this as the Amazing Fantasy #15 interior art pages of British comic art.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/mike-mcmahon-2000-ad-2-judge-dredd-first-appearance-complete-5-page-story-original-art-ipc-total-5-/p/7212-234003.s?ic4=GalleryView-ShortDescription-071515

Edited by PhilipB2k17

30 minutes ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

I'm a massive Dreddhead, so this is grail territory for me. But, how will this play ion a US comic art auction? 

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/mike-mcmahon-2000-ad-2-judge-dredd-first-appearance-complete-5-page-story-original-art-ipc-total-5-/p/7212-234003.s?ic4=GalleryView-ShortDescription-071515

I wondered the same thing. For the history and the art it’s a once and a life time buy for the right collector. I love the artwork on this.

34 minutes ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

I'm a massive Dreddhead, so this is grail territory for me. But, how will this play in a US comic art auction? I regard this as the Amazing Fantasy #15 interior art pages of British comic art.

Your guess as to value?

4 minutes ago, Bronty said:

Your guess as to value?

I really don't have a clue. Bolland Dredd pages tend to be the most in demand. Ezquerra (who created the character design) is not as valuable, and actually in the affordable range for me. McMahon is probably right around Ezquerra, except for this story. This is the Judge Dredd first story appearance. Those are the three best known Dredd artists from his classic era, and which are most familiar to American comic collectors, as those stories were reprinted in multiple ways here (including Eagle comics, etc).

So, how do you value that? I'd say between $75-$100K. But, I could be way off on that. It might not break $50K, which would be a steal IMHO.

Edited by PhilipB2k17

12 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Funnily enough, in yesterday's paper...

@Bronty @PhilipB2k17

2000ad.thumb.jpg.5fda24f418e0e4bbd63eb2f4cdcb9466.jpg

The literal first published story appearance of Judge Dredd is up for auction. The only previous appearance was Carlos Ezquerra’s promotional drawing of Dredd on his motorcycle. Dredd doesn’t appear on the cover of 2000 AD prog 2. 

http://www.2000ad.org/?zone=prog&page=profiles&choice=2

So....$75K to $100,000 for the full story is probably accurate. 

Edited by PhilipB2k17