• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

November HA auction
2 2

1,042 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, NelsonAI said:

So where are all the Sal Buscema fans?  

Barely any action on the Captain America 154 cover or Subby 27 cover.

I thought he was supposed to be a Mt. Rushmore artist.

I think the consensus is he is more the Christ the Redeemer

8 hours ago, NelsonAI said:

(tsk)

Related image

2 hours ago, batman_fan said:

Sal Buscema fans are very shrewd in their approach to bidding on Sal Buscema artwork.  They carefully map out the auction, watching bidder interest daily, waiting for the right moment to pounce....

...on something else.

On 8/10/2019 at 10:06 AM, grapeape said:

Will the final bid meet or exceed the post it note price? 

IMG_1390.jpg.f22bc9c0d5a18462ff0cd812b935cff5.jpg

$17,400 w BP currently 1PM West Coast. Too much hype? It's way to early but the BM 251 cover at $312,000 so those in pursuit are showing their hand early. Will the frenzied bidding come late on Cap 103? 

12 hours ago, NelsonAI said:

Sal Cap at the moment ahead of Starlin Cap Marvel and Kane Thor....we'll see.... (mind you,  me loves Kane and Starlin covers.....) 

1 hour ago, Bill C said:

Hey- was there ever any update on Adams being willing to.. ahem... "authenticate" the cover at auction? Or is he still seemingly not sure it's the real deal?

I heard from very reliable sources that interested parties including the auction house were approached. The auction went ahead as planned. I don't know what was worked out dollar wise. Let all of the Godfather references begin.

17 hours ago, NelsonAI said:

No, the Cabal has decided that since he is don perlin 2.0 that his covers are not allowed to go over 20k. Every dime spent over that amount will result in a punitive corrective action.

22 minutes ago, zhamlau said:

No, the Cabal has decided that since he is don perlin 2.0 that his covers are not allowed to go over 20k. Every dime spent over that amount will result in a punitive corrective action.

We wait in the shadows just outside the top 5. We wait until the Cabal gets into a members only roundtable discussion (he said he heard we have on good authority)over the right time to unload before the  impending OA market collapse. Then we strike the keyboards with vigor. We bid into the six figures. Then we sink beneath the floor until the next auction. When the time favors our return you will quake as you hear our fearsome battle cry, " Silvio Sal Buscema!"   

Image result for sal buscema photo

Edited by grapeape

4 minutes ago, grapeape said:

We wait in the shadows just outside the top 5. We wait until the Cabal gets into a members only roundtable discussion (he said he heard we have on good authority)over the right time to unload before the  impending OA market collapse. Then we strike the keyboards with vigor. We bid into the six figures. Then we sink beneath the floor until the next auction. When the time favors our return you will quake as you hear our fearsome battle cry, " Silvio Sal Buscema!"   

Image result for sal buscema photo

These are dark times indeed brother, the ministry of approved thought hounds us at every corner...we hide our numbers among them and cheer on their five figure starlin and 4 figure Perez pages...biding our time until we can overthrow the orthodoxy and once again walk in the light!