• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

November HA auction
2 2

1,042 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

I am still high bidder on three items and I don't expect any of my current bids to hold through Thursday.  Bad thing is I am traveling when the auctions are live so I may have to put in crazy bids before boarding a plane.

And I salute you for your dedication to the original comic art community.

David

6 hours ago, grapeape said:

I still think for the comic OA we’re going to see current under performing bids catch up on final day.

Is there a wary ness due to the hack last month?

I agree a lot of last min bids...look art the classic Mad cover #59....its at half price at a minimum 

There's been so much recession talk the last few months, and the holidays looming large,
only the final results will reveal if this might be impacting people's decisions on how they feel about spending big bucks right now.

The rest could be everyone else playing wait and see what the other guy does. Everyone hoping against hope no one else is looking at what they want.

8 hours ago, grapeape said:

I still think for the comic OA we’re going to see current under performing bids catch up on final day.

Is there a wary ness due to the hack last month?

There may be something else going on here. An article in the Wall Street Journal involving fine art suggested that there may be too much debt out there involving fine art, thereby slowing down the market. We also know generally that wage growth has not kept up with overall economic growth, and personal debt is at an all time high.

Add these together, and you may be seeing the beginning of an OA “recession” (not in the literal sense”).

1 minute ago, ESeffinga said:

There's been so much recession talk the last few months, and the holidays looming large,
only the final results will reveal if this might be impacting people's decisions on how they feel about spending big bucks right now.

The rest could be everyone else playing wait and see what the other guy does. Everyone hoping against hope no one else is looking at what they want.

Wow, you beat my post while I was writing it. “Great minds think alike”.

22 hours ago, Bronty said:

And yet bids will end up robust!

the only thing rarer than some of these pieces is getting a steal on a heritage auction ;)

Thought I’d share - I just sold a piece Yesterday, that I picked up from Heritage May 2018, for 150%. Pre-auction at the moment I’m seeing a couple similar opportunities. 

31 minutes ago, Bronty said:

yawn.   must have been a slow news day for Kenny.

Oh. I thought the various shenanigans were interesting. Did you read to the end?

Yes, my morale has been bruised, but I am still uplifted every day by looking closely at art despite selling a portion of my collection at a single-owner Sotheby’s online sale and London exhibition titled “The Hoarder,” December 11th to 18th (for your one-stop holiday shopping convenience). Unlike Marc Jacobs, who sold his entire collection at Sotheby’s—or tried to, anyway—I’ve still got three warehouses and a new Manhattan residence (already) filled to the brim.

Edited by vodou
clarity

4 minutes ago, vodou said:

Oh. I thought the various shenanigans were interesting. Did you read to the end?

Yes, my morale has been bruised, but I am still uplifted every day by looking closely at art despite selling a portion of my collection at a single-owner Sotheby’s online sale and London exhibition titled “The Hoarder,” December 11th to 18th (for your one-stop holiday shopping convenience). Unlike Marc Jacobs, who sold his entire collection at Sotheby’s—or tried to, anyway—I’ve still got three warehouses and a new Manhattan residence (already) filled to the brim.

To me he comes off as a bit of a wanker TBH

1 hour ago, dichotomy said:

Thought I’d share - I just sold a piece Yesterday, that I picked up from Heritage May 2018, for 150%. Pre-auction at the moment I’m seeing a couple similar opportunities. 

Congrats!

14 minutes ago, vodou said:

I can see that; my interest in sharing here, as always, was message not messenger.

thats Cool, but the two are linked at the same time.    Obviously we all pay a little more attention to lawyers on legal matters and bankers on say, security for debt.    

The trouble with listening to a wanker’s message is that he’s just talking to hear himself in print and living for the last sentence when he tells everyone what he has.   Or such is my perception from reading that.

In other words, he comes off as an attention whore 2c

Edited by Bronty

35 minutes ago, Bronty said:

Obviously we all pay a little more attention to lawyers on legal matters and bankers on say, security for debt.    

The trouble with listening to a wanker’s message is that he’s just talking to hear himself in print and living for the last sentence when he tells everyone what he has.

I'll admit I was only aware of Kenny from his artnet articles over the last, dunno, six or seven years.

To be fair, I had to look up his bio.

Anyway, bona fide's look good to me; you? No disagreement on his writing style, or his comportment though -definitely a bit snotty.

https://roveprojects.com/bio.html

Curated Shows

Sandra Gering Gallery, New York, NY, GERMAN PAPER, October 20 - November 30, l990
BACA Downtown (Brooklyn Arts Council), Brooklyn, NY, FROM SCULPTURE, April 26 - May 25, 1991
Natalie Rivera Gallery, 89 Greene Street, New York, NY, DECOROUS BELIEFS, June 15 - July 13, 1991
Flamingo East, 219 2nd Avenue, New York, NY, OPEN BAR, August 1 - 15, 1991
The Lobby Gallery, Deutsche Bank, New York, NY, CERTAIN UNCERTAINTY, August 5 - September 13,1991
142 Greene Street, 4th Floor, New York, NY, UNLEARNING, December 4, 1991 - January 26, 1992
Flamingo East, 219 2nd Avenue, New York, NY, KANAIYA - RESTAURANT HORROR VACCUI, March, 1992
Flamingo East, 219 2nd Avenue, New York, NY, CURTIS CUFFIE, Recent Sculpture, May 5 - May 26, 1992
Postmasters Gallery, 80 Greene Street, New York, NY, MORALITY CAFE, June 7 - August 2l, 1992
Flamingo East, 219 2nd Avenue, New York, NY, KITSCHEN, August 10 - September 2, 1992
The Institute for Contemporary Art, PS1 Museum, NY, BINGEING, November 8, 1992 - January 10, 1993
Flamingo East, 219 2nd Avenue, New York, NY, HIGH, January 7 - February 5, 1993
Dooley Le Cappelaine, 252 Lafayette Street, New York, NY, PHONE! January 16 - February 13, 1993
238 Mulberry Street, New York, NY, I WAS BORN LIKE THIS, January 21 - March 6,1993
Flamingo East, 219 2nd Avenue, New York, NY, FOR SALE, July 28 - August 14, 1993
81 Greene Street, New York, NY, SHOOTING BLANKS, September 1 - October 15, 1993
Puffin Foundation, 435 Broome St., NY, PRE-EXISTING CONDITION, January 21 - February 21, 1994
Printed Matter Bookstore at DIA, 77 Wooster Street, New York, NY, PLAYED, March 9 - March 31, 1994
109 Spring Street, New York, NY, I COULD DO THAT, April 16 - May 16, 1994
Puffin Foundation, 435 Broome Street, New York, NY, IDENTITY CRISES, April 15 - May 15, 1994
Flamingo East, 219 2nd Avenue, New York, NY, ARTYCHOKE TV BENEFIT, July 5 - August 5, 1994
479 Broome Street, New York, NY, UNSUCCESS STORY, September 10 - October 8, 1994
62 Greene Street, New York, NY, JOHN LEKAY RECENT SCULPTURE, November 1 - December 4, 1994
The Sculpture Center, 167 E. 69th St., New York, NY, LOOKY LOO, April 1 - April 25, 1995
66 Crosby Street, New York, NY, HIGH ANXIETY, April 18 - May 31, 1995
Flamingo East, 219 2nd Avenue, New York, NY, EITHER/OR, July 12 - August 6, 1995
121 Greene Street, New York, NY, OY! September 30 - November 7, 1995
London Artforms, London, England, SEX & DRUGS & EXPLOSIVES, March 28 - May 23, 1996
480 Broome Street, New York, NY, THE DEATH OF THE DEATH OF PAINTING, June 2 - June 30, 1996
Flamingo East, 219 2nd Avenue, New York, NY, SUMMER TRASH, August 9 – August 31, 1996
Arlington Museum of Art, TX, FACING THE MILLENNIUM: THE SONG REMAINS THE SAME, November 1996 – January, 1997
25 Broad St., Benefit for City Harvest, New York, NY, TAKING STOCK, November 7 - November 17, 1996
Lombard-Freid Gallery, New York, NY, THE EXPERIMENTERS, December 18, 1996 - January 18, 1997
Pernod Liquid Art, New York, NY, 4TH ANNUAL AWARDS EXHIBIT, January, 1997
Hoenthal und Bergen, Cologne, Germany, VIDEO FLASH, February, 1997
32 Mercer St., New York, NY, INSIDE OUT ARTFAIR, May, 1997
526 West 26th St., New York, NY, CAMBIO, November, 1997
Sandra Gering Gallery, New York, NY, CAMBIO, January, 1998
534 LaGuardia Place, New York, NY, HEY, YOU NEVER KNOW, March through April, 1998
508 West 26th Street, New York, NY, LISA RUYTER, May 1998
Chopo Museum, Mexico City, Mexico, CAMBIO: MEXICO-US EXCHANGE, August/September, 1998
526 W. 26th St., New York, NY, JONATHAN HOROWITZ, Bach Two Part Intervention #9, October 1998
526 W. 26th St., New York, NY, RICCI ALBENDA, Color-i-me-try, November - December 1998
Exit Art, New York, NY, PARADISE 8, Co-curated exhibition, January – April, 1999
601 W. 26th St., New York, NY, POST , March - April, 1999
CARDOZO SCHOOL OF LAW GALLERY, 55 5th Ave., New York, LIFER, September – October, 1999
60 Lispenard St., New York, NY, SWEET'N LOW, February – March, 2000
107 Shoreditch High St., London, UK, I HATE NEW YORK, May-June, 2000
547 W. 27th St., New York, NY, FULL SERVE: 10 Year Anniversary, October 25 - December 9, 2000
132 Perry St., New York, NY, TENSIONISM, February 8 - March 22, 2002
conTEMPorary, 14 Charles Lane, New York, NY, ARCHITECTURE, June 27 – August 10, 2002

Exhibition Space

conTEMPorary, New York, NY, established experimental exhibition space, which was the first interior space
designed by Acconci Studio headed by artist Vito Acconci, June 2002 to the present

Grants
Royal Netherlands Embassy, UK To produce catalogue for series of exhibitions in US and UK, 2000
Mondriaan Foundation, NL To produce catalogue and facilitate participation of Dutch artist in shows, 2000
Institute of Contemporary Art, Lisbon To curate Exchange Shows in Lisbon/NY, 2000-2001
Mondriaan Foundation & Dutch Consulate of NY International Visitors Program, November, 1999
US-Mexico Fund for Culture (Rockefeller Foundation, Mexico National Fund for Culture and Arts, Bancomer Cultural Foundation)
To stage exchange exhibits between US and Mexico, with catalogue and internet site, August, 1997
Mexican Cultural Institute of NY To facilitate curatorial project between US and Mexico, February, 1997
London Arts Board To curate show of American artists in London, March, 1996

Teaching
SCHOOL OF VISUAL ARTS, Thesis Adviser in MFA Photography and Related Media department, 1997-98
SCHOOL OF VISUAL ARTS, Thesis Adviser in MFA Photography and Related Media department, 1999
FASHION INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Exhibition & Interpretation: Theory, Planning & Design, Graduate Seminar,
culminated in exhibition in temporary location entitled "Next", at 526 W. 26th St., NY, 1997-8
NEW YORK UNIVERSITY: The Ethics of Display, MFA Seminar, Spring 1997
COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY, Planned and implemented MFA off-site art exhibition, Spring 1996
NEW SCHOOL FOR SOCIAL RESEARCH/PARSONS, NY: Contemporary Art/Contemporary Society, Spring 1993;
Marcel Duchamp and the World of Conceptual Art, Fall 1992

Lectures/Panels
NEW SCHOOL FOR SOCIAL RESEARCH, NY, Outside the White Cube, October 13, 1992
NEW YORK UNIVERSITY, NY, Incoming Freshman Art Students/Graduate sculpture Seminar, Nov. 3,1992
ARTISTS TALK ON ART, NY, Curating in Alternative Spaces, March 20, 1992
EMPIRE STATE COLLEGE, STUDIO SEMESTER PROGRAM, NY, Graduate Seminar, March 20, 1992
S.U.N.Y. OLD WESTBURY, NY, Introduction to Art, April 29, 1993; Undergraduate Sculpture, April 29, 1993
UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI, Graduate Sculpture Seminar, May 15, 1993
ART INITIATIVES, NY, Moving Forward: Critics and Curators, October 6, 1994
WESLEYAN UNIVERSITY, Current Issues of Contemporary Art Production, May 8, 1995
UNIVERSITY OF NORTH TEXAS, Graduate Art Seminar, May 16, 1995
NEW SCHOOL FOR SOCIAL RESEARCH, NY, Artists and Curators, October 10, 1996
DENVER ART MUSEUM, Museum curators and benefactors, October 24, 1996
UNIVERSITY OF NORTH TEXAS, TX, MFA Students, October 28, 1996
TEXAS CHRISTIAN UNIVERSITY, TX, MFA Students, October 29, 1996
SOUTHERN METHODIST UNIVERSITY, TX, MFA Students, October 30, 1996
UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS, ARLINGTON, TX, MFA Students, October 31, 1996
TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY--COMMERCE, TX, MFA Students, October 31, 1996
BOOKER T. WASHINGTON HIGH SCHOOL FOR THE PERFORMING AND VISUAL ARTS, TX, November 1, 1996
BROOKLYN ARTS SUMMIT '96 (BROOKLYN ARTS COUNCIL), NY, November 14, 1996
PARSONS SCHOOL OF ART AND DESIGN, MFA Students, NY, November 18, 1996
UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI, FL., MFA Seminar, March 20, 1997
NEW SCHOOL FOR SOCIAL RESEARCH, NY, Whitney Biennial with David Ross, March 31, 1997
FASHION INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, NY, Graduate Seminar, April 15, 1997
KANSAS CITY ART INSTITUTE, MO, "Artists on Campus Series", January 15, 1998
GUGGENHEIM MUSEUM, NY, "1998 Guggenheim Museum Salon Series, January 21, 1998
ART IN GENERAL, NY, "Collectors Evenings", February 3, 1998
MUSEUM OF MODERN ART, Junior Associates, "Open House", April 30, 1998
CHRISTIE'S EDUCATION, NY, "Art in Context", April 15 and May 21, 1998
PRO ARTS EDUCATION COMMITTEE, JERSEY CITY, NJ, "Blow Up", June 3, 1998
RHODE ISLAND SCHOOL OF DESIGN, Lecture/studio critiques for MFA Sculpture Seminar, October 6, 1998
SCHOOL OF VISUAL ARTS, NY, MFA Lecture, October 14, 1998
UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS, MFA Lecture October 16, 1998
ARTISTS TALK ON ART, NY, Moderator/Organizer of lecture with Ricci Albenda and Pamela Lins, November 20, 1998
ST. FRANCIS COLLEGE, NY, Undergraduate lecture, December 22, 1998
UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS, MFA Lecture February 12, 1999
UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA, MFA Lecture/Studio Critiques, February 24, 1999
COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY, MFA Seminar with Matthew Drutt, March 11, 1999
CHRISTIE'S EDUCATION, NY, NY Art Panel Discussion, April 12, 1999
RUTGERS UNIVERSITY, NJ, Graduate Seminar, October 20, 1999
REMA HORT MANN FOUNDATION, 1999 Annual Art Crawl Benefit, November 6, 1999
ARTWALK NY, NY, Benefit Art Event for NY Homeless, Curated artists’ studio tour, November, 13th, 1999
UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS, MFA Lecture March 3, 2000
WALSALL MUSEUM OF ART, Walsall UK, Curating in the 21st Century, June 2000 (codified in book of same title)
MIXED GREENS, NY, Panel Discussion with Jerry Saltz, Devon Dikeou and Joe Amrhein, May 2001
MANCHESTER UNIVERSITY, Manchester, UK, MFA Seminar, May 2001
FIT, New York, NY, Art and Law Seminar, November 7, 2001
DENVER CONTEMPORARY ART MUSEUM, New York, NY, Museum Benefactors, November 10, 2001
WHITNEY MUSEUM OF AMERICAN ART, New York, NY, Contemporary Art Benefactors, December 4, 2001
MUSEUM OF MODERN ART, New York, NY, Contemporary Art Benefactors, February 19th, 2002
INTERNATIONAL STUDIO AND CURATORIAL PROGRAM, New York, NY, Guest Critic, March 4, 11, 2002
S.U.N.Y. EMPIRE STATE COLLEGE, Lecture/studio critiques as part of the Annual Contemporary Art Lecture Series, July 24th, 2002
The Salon, group from Phoenix Arizona, Lecture with Vito Acconci, October 2002
Independent Curators Inc., Benefactors of organization, Lecture with Vito Acconci, October 2002
MUSEUM OF MODERN ART, Junior Associates, Lecture with Vito Acconci, December 10, 2002
91st ANNUAL CONFERENCE OF THE COLLEGE ART ASSOICIATION, Panel on Independent Curating,
with Sara Reisman and Christopher Ho, February, 2003
NEW YORK UNIVERSITY, GRADUATE SEMINAR WITH GREGORY VOLK, February 27, 2003
BRONX MUSEUM OF ART, New York, NY, Artists in the Market Place Program, Lecture, March, 18, 2003.
RHODE ISLAND SCHOOL OF DESIGN, New York, NY, Geraldine Erman Seminar, Lecture, March 21, 2003
OBERLIN COLLEGE, New York, NY, Graduate Seminar, April 12, 2003
DUKE UNIVERSITY, New York, NY, Graduate Seminar, April 18, 2003
FASHION INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, New York, NY, Graduate School of Arts Admin., April 21, 2003

Juror of Exhibits
Pernod Liquid Art, 4th Annual Awards Exhibition, New York, January, 1997
Real Art Ways, Hartford, CT, May, 1997
Indianapolis Art Center, Regional 97, Indianapolis, IN, December, 1997
Scholastic Art and Writing Awards, NY, 1998 Regional High School Students, February, 1998
Lower Manhattan Cultural Council, NY, October 1998
Scholastic Art and Writing Awards, NY, 1999 US-Wide High School Students, February, 1999
PS1 Museum, Long Island City , Consulted with the curatorial team, April, 1999
Rema Hort Mann Foundation, Nominating Comitee, June, 1999
Gale Gates et al, NY, Nominating Comitee for the Emerging Curators Series, November, 2000
PS1 Museum, Long Island City, 2000 National/International Studio Program
Islip Art Museum, NY, 2000 Invitational
Islip Art Museum, NY, 2001 Invitational
Eldwin Gould Services for Children, Member of the Advisory Comitee
Sculpture Center, Lucky Draw, Spring Benefit, March, 2003

Publications
Pig Magazine, Organized by John LeKay, contributed to issues 1, 2, 6 (1992 - 1993)
Virtual Gallery Magazine, Edited issue of Dooley Le Cappelaine Gallery magazine, January, 1993
Promotional Copy Magazine, Edited by Robin Kahn, contributor, September, 1993
Zing Magazine, Curated visual arts section in first issue of new arts magazine, Fall 1995
Arlington Museum of Art, wrote catalogue essay for Facing the Millennium..., November 1996
NY/Soho Magazine, excerpt from upcoming book, December 1996
Exhibitionist, NY, monthly column, April 1997 - present
Poliester Magazine, Mexico, monthly column, May 1997 - present
Zing Magazine, New York, regular contributor, 1996 - present
THE BUSINESS OF ART, Lee Caplan, Prentice Hall, wrote chapter on alternative spaces for text book 1998
Madison Magazine, NY, contributor (art writing, photographs) April 1999-present
Art Investor, Munich, Germany, contributor 2000 to present
Tema Celeste, Italy, contributor 2001 to present
ART & AUCTION, contributor 2003 to present
DOOM, GLOOM & BOOM REPORT, contributor to Hong Kong based newsletter April 2003 to present

Internet
www.newNYart.com: organized and maintain an internet site chronicling 8 years of curated
exhibitions, including data base of cross section of contemporary artists slides and biographical materials,
and disparate artist projects created especially for the site, Jan. 1996 – present
www.RoveTV.net: created site which features simultaneous daily live broadcast, May 2000 - present

TV
Channel 22 and 11 in Mexico City, August 1998 for Cambio Exhibition at Museo del Chopo.
Documentary filmed by crew from ch. 22, cultural station in Mexico City 1998

Cable TV
ARTYCHOKE TV - Organized weekly 1/2 hour cable TV show on Manhattan and Paragon Cable TV systems,
airing videos and short filmed works by wide ranging group of individuals. July 5, 1994 - June 30, 1995
Project Art Show, Ch 17, Manhattan Cable TV, Emerging Artists Discussion with Tom Delavan, April, 1997
Fashion TV, hosted by Jeanne Becker, VH 1 Cable Network, Oct. 1995; Design TV, AMC Network 3/5/99

Radio
WBAI FM (99.5), ART BREAKING, Hosted by Charley Finch, appeared July 28, 1994; and, December 15, 1994;
Co-hosted December 22, 1994, with guests: curator Robert Storr and author Frances Nauman;
BBC 1 London: (94.9) The Robert Elm Show, March 26, 1996; and BBC 1, London, The Maureen Connors Show,
March 28, 1996; 98.1 Dallas Texas, Peter Simmons Show, November 2, 1996;
UNAM RADIO, MEXICO CITY, August 13, 1998; WNYU Radio Andy Fotopolous Show February 18, 1999;
BBC 1 London: (94.9) The Robert Elm Show, May 12th, 2000 (from the opening of the TATE MODERN).

Solo Exhibitions
Phoenix Gallery, NYC, ART SURVEY ART, September 2003
International Three Gallery, Manchester, UK, HOW MUCH? A HISTORY OF YOUNG BRITISH ART, May 2001
Sandra Gering Gallery, New York, NY, BRANDING, June 1999
Byron Cohen Gallery, Kansas City, MO, NEW WORK, January 16 - February 28, 1998
Ambrosino Gallery, Miami, FL, BIRTHMARKS, May 17 - June 17, 1997

Projects
Sandra Gering Gallery, New York, NY, OFFICE WORK, October 12 - November 12, 1996

Group Shows
BACA Downtown (Brooklyn Arts Council), Bklyn., NY, THE TOY SHOW, Benefit Auction, December, 1990
Four Walls, Brooklyn, NY, THE NEUROTIC ART SHOW, May, 1991
Flamingo East, NY, OPEN BAR, August, 1991
Great Hall Gallery, Cooper Union, NY, $45 a MONTH, Benefit Auction by Legal Action Center for the Homeless, November, 1991
142 Greene Street, NY, UNLEARNING, December, 1991 - January, 1992
Jack Tilton Gallery, NY, WATER BAR, Curated by Erik Oppenhiem, May, 1992
Postmasters Gallery, NY, MORALITY CAFE, June - August, 1992
Flamingo East, NY, THOSE SILLY , Curated by Blair Wijnkoop, July, 1992
Blum Helman Warehouse, NY, ROTATING GROUP SHOW, Curated by Erik Oppenheim, July - August, l992
525 West 23rd Street, NY, THE FIRST PAINTINGS, Curated by Angela Anderson, July, 1992
Flamingo East, NY, KITSCHEN, August - September, 1992
Sally Hawkins Gallery, NY, BALLOTS OR BULLETS: YOU CHOOSE, Curated by G. Roger Denson, October 15 - November 27, 1992
V Space, NY, ART ADDICTS, Curated by Warren Neidich, October, 1992
P.S.1 Museum, Long Island City, BINGING, November, 1992 – January, 1993
Dooley Le Cappellaine, NY, THE GIFT, December, 1992
Helander Gallery, NY, THE PET SHOW, January, 1993
Flamingo East, NY, HIGH, January - February, 1993
Dooley Le Cappelaine, NY, PHONE!, January - February, 1993
238 Mulberry Street, NY, I WAS BORN LIKE THIS, January - March, 1993
AMO Gallery, at the Mondrian Hotel, Los Angeles, CA, TRANCESEX, July, 1993
Flamingo East, NY, FOR SALE, July 28 - August 14, 1993
81 Greene Street, NY, SHOOTING BLANKS, September 1 - October 15, 1993
Puffin Foundation, NY, PRE-EXISTING CONDITION, January 21 - February 21, 1994
Printed Matter, NY, PLAYED, March 9 - March 31, 1994
109 Spring Street, NY, I COULD DO THAT, April 16 - May 15, 1994
450 Broadway Gallery, NY, PAGE 4, Curated by Hilda Daniel, May, 1994
Momenta Art, NY, YES I AM, NO I'M NOT, Curated by Eric Heist and Laura Parnes, May 15-June 15, 1994
Flamingo East, NY, ARTYCHOKE TV BENEFIT, July 5 - August 5, 1994
Roger Smith Gallery, NY, SPORTSHOW, Curated by Jill Brienza, June 1 - September 1, 1994
479 Broome Street, NY, UNSUCCESS STORY, September 10 - October 8, 1994
The Sculpture Center, NY, LOOKY LOO, April 1 - April 25, 1995
66 Crosby Street, NY, HIGH ANXIETY, April 18 - May 31, 1995
Flamingo East, NY, EITHER/OR, July 12 - August 6, 1995
301 Bedford Street, Brooklyn, NY, SUMMER GROUP SHOW, Curated by Aron Namenwirth, July 1995
Rio Hondo College, Whittier, CA, AUGUST 28, Curated by Bill Radawec, August 28 - September 21, 1995
121 Greene St., NY, OY!, September 30 - November 7, 1995
61 Gansevoort St., NY, EXTREMELY REFRIGERATED, Curated by Jeff Gompertz, October 1995
Richard Heller Gallery, Los Angeles, CA, DECEMBER 20, Curated by Bill Radawec, December 20, 1995 - Jan. 18, '96
Bernard Toale Gallery, Boston, MA, PET PAINTINGS, March 5 - 30, 1996
Thread Waxing Space, NY, SCRATCH, curated by Mel Chin, May, 1996
London Artforms Gallery, London, England, SEX AND DRUGS AND EXPLOSIVES, March 28 - May 23, 1996
480 Broome Street, New York, NY, THE DEATH OF THE DEATH OF PAINTING, June 2 - June 30, 1996
Flamingo East, NY, SUMMER TRASH, August 9 - 31, 1996
Real Art Ways, Hartford, CT, CURVE, September 5 - October 4, 1996
St. Marks Position, THE INNOCENCE OF ORNAMENTS, 1996
CBGB’S Gallery, NY, PICTURE THIS…, curated by Tessa Hughes-Freeland and Robin Renzi
Roseland Ballroom, NY, <COMA>, organized by Floating Point Unit, December, 1996
ARLINGTON MUSEUM OF ART, TX, FACING THE MILLENNIUM: THE SONG REMAINS THE SAME, Nov. 1996-Jan 97
BENEFIT FOR CITY HARVEST, NY, TAKING STOCK, November 7 - November 17, 1996
UP & CO, NY, SUPASTORE de LUXE, curated by Sarah Staton, November 16 - January 1, 1997
LOMBARD-FREID GALLERY, NY, THE EXPERIMENTERS, December 18, 1996 - January 18, 1997
HALLWALLS CONTEMPORARY ARTS CENTER, Buffalo, NY, ALTERED EGOS, March - May, 1997
32 Mercer Street, New York, NY, ISIDE OUT ART FAIR, May, 1997
32 Grand St., NY, ISIDE OUT ART FAIR, May, 1997
67 Broad Street, NY, ART EXCHANGE SHOW, May 28 – June 7, 1997
PANADERIA, Mexico City, Mexico, GROUP EXHIBITION, June, 1997
13447 NE 17th Ave, N. Miami, FL, THAT'S LIFE, curated by Joshua Levine July 15 - August 15, 1997
Ambrosino Gallery, Miami, FL, DRAWING THE LINE, August 8 - September 5, 1997
Geoffrey Young Gallery, Great Barrington, MA, ALL THE THINGS YOU ARE, August 15 - September 15, 1997
526 West 26th St., NY, CAMBIO, November, 1997
Sandra Gering Gallery, NY, CAMBIO, January, 1998
534 LaGuardia Place, NY, HEY, YOU NEVER KNOW, March through April, 1998
Exit Art, NY, TRANSMISSIONS, April - May 1998
Chopo Musuem, Mexico City, Mexico, MEXICO-US EXCHANGE, September, 1998
York College, York, PA, THE CONCRETE SIGNAL, Curated by Robert Costa, October - November 1998
Lubelsky Gallery, NY, RE:DUCHAMP, Curated by Mike Bidlo, November - December 1998
EXIT ART, NY, PARADISE 8, Co-Curated exhibition, January - April 1999
601 W. 26th St., NY, POST , March - April, 1999
Sharp Communications, NY, RAGNORAK, Curated by Alfredo Martinez, March 6 – April 3, 1999
Jorgensen Gallery, NY, NO DUMB BUNNIES, April 29 – June 15, 1999
Galapagos Art and Performance Space, Brooklyn, NY, GROUP SHOW, December 1999
Ten in One Gallery, NY, SCHMUCK, February - March 2000
60 Lispenard St, NY, SWEET'N LOW, February - March 2000
Void, NY, SPLITSCREEN, Curated by Alfredo Martinez, April 2000
Salon 5, Hawaii, GROUP SHOW, March, 2000
Monk Parakeet, Chicago, IL, NADER POSTER DESIGN 2000, October, 2000
Sandra Gering Gallery, PERFECT 10: TEN YEARS IN SOHO, March 29 – April 21, 2001
The International 3, Manchester, UK, THE SECOND BUILDERS ARMS SUMMER BIENNALE, August 24th – September 2nd 2001
90 North 11th St., NY, ENTROPY, Curated by Alfredo Martinez, Nori Jung and James Fuentes, December 14, 2001 – January 10, 2002
Galeria Ferran Cano, Barcelona, Spain, I LOVE NY / I NY, September 10 – October 10, 2002
Wolverhampton Art Gallery, Wolverhampton, UK, STRIKE, Curated by Gavin Wade, adjusted by Liam Gillick, September 26 – November 9, 2002

Bibliography
Mahoney, Robert, FLASH ART MAGAZINE, News: Renegade Space (Decorous Beliefs) May/June 1991
Levin, Kim, VILLAGE VOICE, Voice Choices (Decorous Beliefs) July 9,1991
Levin, Kim, VILLAGE VOICE, Voice Choices (Rethinking Space II) August 20,1991
Levin, Kim, VILLAGE VOICE, Voice Choices (Certain Uncertainty) August 20,1991
THE NEW YORKER, Goings on About Town (Rethinking Space, Certain Uncertainty) September 9,1991
Wright, Jeff, COVER MAGAZINE, Let the Season Begin! (Open Bar) September, 1991
Levin, Kim, ARTSCRIBE, The Negligent Aesthetic (Decorous Beliefs) September, 1991
Levin, Kim, VILLAGE VOICE, Voice Choices (Unlearning) December 24,1991
Mahoney, Robert, ARTS MAGAZINE, Art Reviews (Unlearning) March, 1992
Peers, Alexandra, THE WALL STREET JOURNAL, Christie's Woos a New Auction Clientele... June 11, 1992
Atkins, Robert, VILLAGE VOICE, Scene and Heard (Morality Cafe) July 7,1992
Schwartzman, Allan, THE NEW YORKER, Goings on About Town (Morality Cafe) July 20, 1992
Levin, Kim, VILLAGE VOICE, Voice Choices (Morality Cafe) July 21,1992
Moore, Alan, COVER MAGAZINE, Art (Curtis Cuffie) Summer, 1992
Gimelson, Deborah, THE NEW YORK OBSERVER, Art Diary (Morality Cafe) July 27 - August 3, 1992
Bonami, Francesco, FLASH ART MAGAZINE, Panorama NYC (Morality Cafe) October, 1992
Glueck, Grace, THE NEW YORK OBSERVER, Gallery Watch (Ballots or Bullets) November l6, 1992
Levin, Kim, VILLAGE VOICE, Voice Choices Seven Rooms/Seven Shows (Binging) December 22, 1992
Smith, Roberta, NEW YORK TIMES, Art in Review Seven Rooms/Seven Shows (Binging) January 8, 1993
Cameron, Dan, ART & AUCTION, Critical Edge, Arranging Things (Binging) January, 1993
Levin, Kim, VILLAGE VOICE, Art in Brief (I Was Born Like This) March 2, 1993
Gross, Michael, NEW YORK MAGAZINE, All the Pretty Young Things: On the Town with the Last Generation, March 15, 1993
McConaughy, Claire COVER MAGAZINE, Grunge Ho: A New Emphasis on Degeneration of Presentation (I Was Born Like This) March 1993
Micucci, Dana, INTERNATIONAL HERALD TRIBUNE, Independent Curators Restyle N.Y. Scene, April 24-25, 1993
Erwin, John, FLASH ART MAGAZINE, News: Join the Tour (I Was Born Like This) May/June 1993
Ferguson, Sarah, VILLAGE VOICE, Artful Dodger: Curtis Cuffie on Redemption June 1, 1993
Levin, Kim, VILLAGE VOICE Voice Choices (Shooting Blanks) September 21, 1993
Lowenstein, Drew, DOWNTOWN RESIDENT Renegades (Shooting Blanks) October 8 - 22, 1993
Saltz, Jerry, ART & AUCTION, Braver New Art World (Shooting Blanks), November 1993
Haus, Mary, ARTNEWS, On the Edge/Christian Schumann January 1994
Levin, Kim, VILLAGE VOICE, Art in Brief (Pre-Existing Condition) February 8, 1994
Smith, Roberta, NEW YORK TIMES, Review/Art (I Could Do That) April 22, 1994
Peers, Alexandra, WALL STREET JOURNAL, Charities Draw Younger Donors With Hip Events and Door Prizes, April 25, 1994
Levin, Kim, VILLAGE VOICE, Art in Brief (I Could Do That) May 10, 1994
Smolik, Noemi, KUNSTFORUM INTERNATIONAL, New York Galerien der 90er Jahre (Shooting Blanks) July - September 1994
Levin, Kim, VILLAGE VOICE Art in Brief (unSuccess story) September 27, 1994
Servetar, Stuart, NEW YORK PRESS Gallery Listings (unSuccess story) September 28 - October 4, 1994
Sand, Katharina, MANHATTAN FILE, Public Art/Art in Unusual Places, November 1994
Servetar, Stuart, NEW YORK PRESS, Gallery Listings (John LeKay) November 9 - 15, 1994
Levin, Kim, VILLAGE VOICE, Short List (John LeKay) November 22, 1994
FLASH ART MAGAZINE, News: Miami Art on the Beach, November/December 1994
Smolik, Noemi, AMERICA MAGAZINE (published in Germany) Art Scene in New York , January 1995
Ritchie, Matthew, FLASH ART MAGAZINE Review of John LeKay, March/April 1995
Rosen, A.G., ART & ANTIQUES, America’s Top 100 Collectors, March, 1993
Leggett, Carol, PAPER MAGAZINE, Profile April 1995
Young, Geoffrey, CATALOGUE ESSAY FOR SCULPTURE CENTER, [Looky Loo] April 1995
Servetar, Stuart, NEW YORK PRESS Gallery Listings (High Anxiety) May 3-9, 1995
Servetar, Stuart, NEW YORK PRESS Gallery Listings (Way Cool) May 3-9, 1995
Schjeldahl, Peter, VILLAGE VOICE Gallery Legs (High Anxiety) May 30, 1995
Borum, Jenifer P., ARTFORUM Reviews (Looky Loo and High Anxiety) December 1995
Strausbaugh, NEW YORK PRESS, Gallery Listings (Either/Or) July 12-18, 1995
Levin, Kim, VILLAGE VOICE, Voice Choices (Either/Or) July 26-August 1, 1995
Solnik, Claude, MANHATTAN MIRROR, Hit and Run (Profile) September 10 - Sept. 24 1995
Levin, Kim, VILLAGE VOICE, Voice Choices (OY!) October 3, 1995
Halle, Howard, TIME OUT NEW YORK, Gallery Listings (OY!) October 11-18, 1995
Servetar, Stuart, NEW YORK PRESS, Gallery Listings (OY!) October 25-31, 1995
Smith, Roberta, NEW YORK TIMES, Art in Review (Review of Rachel Harrison) March 15, 1996
THE NEW YORKER, Goings on About Town, Only Connect/Web Sightings (Adaweb) April 22,1996
THE NEW YORKER, Goings on About Town, Gallery Listings (Transmissions) April 22,1996
Reid, Calvin, CATALOGUE ESSAY (Sex, Drugs and Explosives), May 1996
Barret, David, ART MONTHLY, Reviews (Sex, Drugs and Explosives), May 1996
Smith, Roberta, NEW YORK TIMES, Art in Review (The Art Exchange) June 7, 1996
Melrod, George, ART & ANTIQUES, New York City, Special Report: Contemporary Art, Summer, 1996
Ellen Pall, THE NEW YORK TIMES MAGAZINE, The Do-It-Yourself Dealers, September 1, 1996
Sorter Amy, LIFE STYLE MAGAZINE, Texas Meets New York… (Texas meets New York: Facing the Millennium – The Song Remains the Same) November 1996
Leggett, Carol,l SWEATER MAGAZINE, Art Check (Profile) 1998
Mahoney, Robert, TIME OUT NEW YORK Art/Review (The Experimenters) January 16-23, 1997
Cotter, Holland, NEW YORK TIMES Art in Review (The Experimenters) January 10, 1997
DOMUS 791 MAGAZINE, (published in Italy) Art Section, (Shooting Blanks and OY!) March, 1997
Balogh, Liz, COAGULA (Profile) May, 1997 and inclusion in the book Five Years of Coagula
Smith, Roberta, NEW YORK TIMES, Despite Changes, a Gallery Scene That’s Resilient and Vital (Inside Out Art Fair) May 9, 1997
Smith, Roberta, NEW YORK TIMES, Art in Review (The Art Exchange) May 30, 1997
Cotter, Holland, NEW YORK TIMES, Art in Review (Cambio) November 28, 1997
TIME OUT NEW YORK, Critic’s Picks (Cambio) December 24, 1997 – January 8, 1998
Mumford, Steve, REVIEW MAGAZINE (Hey, You Never Know) March 15, 1998
Johnson, Ken, NEW YORK TIMES, Art in Review (Hey, You Never Know) April 17, 1998
Schmerler, Sarah, TIME OUT NEW YORK, Art/Review (Hey, You Never Know) April 23-30, 1998
Del Conde, Teresa, LA JORNADA (published in Mexico) mess, Trash or Trans (Cambio) September 8, 1998
Volk, Gregory, CATALOGUE ESSAY (Cambio), September, 1998
Kimmelman, Michael, NEW YORK TIMES, Art/Architecture A New Chelsea and the Evanescence of Chic November 1, 1998
Odita, Donald, FLASH ART MAGAZINE, News: Kenny Schachter: Practice as Curator/Artist (Profile) November/December 1998
Strohm, Colin, ARTZINE MAGAZINE, Review (Paradise 8) Winter 1999
Cotter, Holland NEW YORK TIMES, Art Review, Changes Aside, SoHo Is Still Very Much Soho (Paradise 8) February 12, 1999
Lavine, Michael, RAYGUN MAGAZINE, Iconograph Series (Profile) March 1999
Stone, Rossetta, ARTNET.COM, Gallery Yenta (Branding) June, 1999
DOWNTOWN EXPRESS, ‘Appropiated’ imagery… (Branding) June 22-July 5, 1999
Newhall, Edith, NEW YORK MAGAZINE, Review (Branding) June 21, 1999
Johnson, Ken, NEW YORK TIMES, Art Guide (Branding) June 25, 1999
THE NEW YORKER, Goings on About Town, Gallery Listings (Branding) July 5,1999
VILLAGE VOICE, Voice Choices (Branding) July 6,1999
Reid, Calvin, POLIESTER MAGAZINE, Post : The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, June/July 1999
Feria, Lourdes, ICON MAGAZINE (published in Portugal) (Profile) Spring, 2003
Coomer, Martin, TIME OUT LONDON, Art Reviews (I Hate New York) June 7 - 14, 2000
AN MAGAZINE, (Interview) April 2000
Dannat, Adrian, THE ART NEWSPAPER, NY Diary (I Hate New York) June, 2000
Dannat, Adrian, THE ART NEWSPAPER, NY Diary, March 2001
Sirmans, Franklin, CONNAISSANCE DES ARTS, Chelsea Galleries y March 2001
Belverio, Glen, DUTCH MAGAZINE, All in the Family… Issue 38, 2002
Smith, Roberta, NEW YORK TIMES, Art Guide (Tensionism) March 15, 2002
Levin, Todd, NEW YORK POST, Roam if you want to… (Tensionism) March, 2002
Nelson, Karin, FASHION WIRE DAILY, This Avant-Garde Gallery’s Anything but Washed August 13, 2002
Johnson, Ken, NEW YORK TIMES, Art in Review (Architecture) August 2, 2002
Bard, Elizabeth, CONTEMPORARY MAGAZINE (Profile) June, 2002
Blair, Dyke, TIME OUT NEW YORK, Womb with a View… February, 2002
Wilson-Goldie, Kaelen ART & AUCTION Inside the Business, Kenny Schachter Stops Roving, May 2002
Dannat, Adrian, THE ART NEWSPAPER, Features, July-August, 2002
Edelson.Sharon, W MAGAZINE, W eye (Profile) September, 2002
TRAVEL + LEISURE MAGAZINE, Culture T+L File, New York, September, 2002
Pllack, Barbara, ARTNEWS MAGAZINE, ArtTalk, October, 2002
Bergman, Craig, SOMA MAGAZINE, Renegade Art (Profile) August, 2002
NEW YORK TIMES, Obituaries [Curtis Cuffie] September 21, 2002
THE NEW YORKER, Goings About Town, Gallery Listings (Mary Heilmann) November, 2002
NEW YORK MAGAZINE, December 23-30, 2002
D’Arcy, David, ART REVIEW MAGAZINE, Ahead at full throttle…, December/January, 2003
Smith, Roberta, THE NEW YORK TIMES, Art/Archictechture, The Year in Review, The Critics/10 Moments, December 29, 2002
WOMEN’S WEAR DAILY, Modern Love (Graham Cracker Suite) January 16, 2003
Franck, Elisabeth, NEW YORK OBSERVER (Profile) January 16, 2003
THE STYLE MAGAZINE, Korea (Profile) January 2003
Thon, Ute, ART MAGAZINE (published in Germany) Kunstkauf am Kaminfeuer, January, 2003
Smith, Roberta, THE NEW YORK TIMES, Art Review, A Bread-Crumb Trail to the Spirit of the Times (Misaki Kawai Airshow) January 17, 2003
Saltz, Jerry, VILLAGE VOICE, Art Rays of Light (Misaki Kawai Airshow) January 22-28, 2003
Potts, Megan, ART & AUCTION, Art Preview (Graham Cracker Suite) February, 2003
Mar, Alex, THE NEW YORK SUN, Arts & Letters, Gallery Going (Misaki Kawai Airshow) February 6, 2003
THE ART NEWSPAPER, What’s On (Robert Reynolds Show) February, 2003
Fineman, Mia, THE NEW YORK TIMES, Arts & Leisure, A Foe of Galleries Takes One On Using 15 Tons of Steel, Pg. 41, March 2, 2003

Education
George Washington University, Wash D.C., BA 1984; Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, NY, JD 1987

51 minutes ago, vodou said:

I'll admit I was only aware of Kenny from his artnet articles over the last, dunno, six or seven years.

To be fair, I had to look up his bio.

Anyway, bona fide's look good to me; you? No disagreement on his writing style, or his comportment though -definitely a bit snotty.

I'm not doubting his understanding of art.    I'm doubting his understanding of himself.

I don't know the guy and I'm being a bit flippant.  But I can't get excited about his article.

Edited by Bronty

ON my top five lots here is my value estimates also with the current price. I think the 2 best deals out there are Feldstein's  "Destruction of the Earth" classic 8pg story in great condition its currently about 11K/13K with BP and I value it at a solid 50K. The Captain Future complete pulp set...probably the best collection condition wise out there or one the best with 7 Mile High type pulps in a set of 17 is only about 1k with BP, I value the MH 7 at at least 1250,plus #1 in solid fine at 250...its a great 3-4K value for the high grade  set. Whiz one is up there at 111K...the secret is out...great copy and great book and great story..my value 150K plus. Cap#1 at 6.0. at 93K is great deal....I think its a solid 125K pus soon to be 150K for any 5.0 copy out there. The Mad #59 cover is a tough one, I remember bidding and  losing out on the Mad cover parody of " Uncle Sam" at 37K at that great "soul" of Mad sale Ha had some years ago....great cover and the winner of the mad #30 cover also won that one. Condition is a factor here, its mint...I think for me value wise it 50K, one of Kind...amazing piece. Its currently at 25K with BP.

Edited by Mmehdy

3 hours ago, Mmehdy said:

ON my top five lots here is my value estimates also with the current price. I think the 2 best deals out there are Feldstein's  "Destruction of the Earth" classic 8pg story in great condition its currently about 11K/13K with BP and I value it at a solid 50K. The Captain Future complete pulp set...probably the best collection condition wise out there or one the best with 7 Mile High type pulps in a set of 17 is only about 1k with BP, I value the MH 7 at at least 1250,plus #1 in solid fine at 250...its a great 3-4K value for the high grade  set. Whiz one is up there at 111K...the secret is out...great copy and great book and great story..my value 150K plus. Cap#1 at 6.0. at 93K is great deal....I think its a solid 125K pus soon to be 150K for any 5.0 copy out there. The Mad #59 cover is a tough one, I remember bidding and  losing out on the Mad cover parody of " Uncle Sam" at 37K at that great "soul" of Mad sale Ha had some years ago....great cover and the winner of the mad #30 cover also won that one. Condition is a factor here, its mint...I think for me value wise it 50K, one of Kind...amazing piece. Its currently at 25K with BP.

Do you get a commission on these? If not, perhaps you should bid on them and try to flip ‘em

I cannot believe how the first published Judge Dredd story is still sitting there at $26,000. There's only 2 hours left in the auction, and I think this piece should go for between $75K-$100K. But, it may not even get to $50,000!

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/complete-story/mike-mcmahon-2000-ad-2-judge-dredd-first-appearance-complete-5-page-story-original-art-ipc-1977-/a/7212-91049.s?ic2=mytracked-lotspage-lotlinks-12202013&tab=MyTrackedLots-101116

Edited by PhilipB2k17