• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

November HA auction
2 2

1,042 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, BCarter27 said:

It's kind of a strange bird, no? The only thing that screams Miller to me on there is the title font, oddly enough.

That and the cityscape.   The Batman figure itself doesn’t really look anything like you would expect so I know what you mean.   

I’m thinking it goes for about the 1-1.5x the price of a published panel page.    Maybe that’s too low but unpublished and the figure looking different than what you’d expect are significant points IMO

It’s just a price thing.   You’d take it for a dollar and so would anyone.   You’d pass at the 400k the published splash got and so would anyone.    So, it’s somewhere between $1 and 400k.  You’re welcome.   

5 hours ago, Bronty said:

That and the cityscape.   The Batman figure itself doesn’t really look anything like you would expect so I know what you mean.   

I’m thinking it goes for about the 1-1.5x the price of a published panel page.    Maybe that’s too low but unpublished and the figure looking different than what you’d expect are significant points IMO

That much?

Being that it wasn't published and was inked at some unknown later date (that was in the original description, right?" and the scant detail on Batman it makes me wonder just how much competition there will be for such a piece. Give the choice between this and a published panel page featuring Batman for the same money, I choose the published page 100 out of 100 times.

56 minutes ago, Bronty said:

Who knows.   Any figure I might guess at would be pulled straight from my derrière.    You may be right.

keister-pulled guesses are probably the best way to go with a one-off piece like this. 

I guess the end will depend on what two guys can talk themselves into. 

19 minutes ago, grapeape said:

Oooh, the top shelf of the auction gets itself a new resident!

4 hours ago, comix4fun said:

That much?

Being that it wasn't published and was inked at some unknown later date (that was in the original description, right?" and the scant detail on Batman it makes me wonder just how much competition there will be for such a piece. Give the choice between this and a published panel page featuring Batman for the same money, I choose the published page 100 out of 100 times.

Was it inked at a later date?  

1 hour ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

Is this the issue containing several pages with dog bites or am I confusing it with issue # 6?

Yeah the dog ate issue 6. Still kills me those pages were left on a doorstep.

Issue ten was sold at auction 20 ? Years ago. The book was broken up and sold at auction. I knew a Ditko page was coming to test the market as we’ve lost the great Steve Ditko.

What do you guys think on this one? The issue ten  pages keep coming up so I don’t know how to measure fatigue.

This is a quality page though. It could hit $100,000 maybe? There’s probably not enough published data to back up my guess. I just have a feeling about this one.

8 minutes ago, grapeape said:

Yeah the dog ate issue 6. Still kills me those pages were left on a doorstep.

Issue ten was sold at auction 20 ? Years ago. The book was broken up and sold at auction. I knew a Ditko page was coming to test the market as we’ve lost the great Steve Ditko.

What do you guys think on this one? The issue ten  pages keep coming up so I don’t know how to measure fatigue.

This is a quality page though. It could hit $100,000 maybe? There’s probably not enough published data to back up my guess. I just have a feeling about this one.

Nice, quality action page like this with Spidey in every panel?  Definitely more than $100K

5 minutes ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

Nice, quality action page like this with Spidey in every panel?  Definitely more than $100K

I love it. It's a "Year 1" ASM page, from the first year of ASM as an ongoing title...and it's got all that action & Spidey on it. 

46 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

I love it. It's a "Year 1" ASM page, from the first year of ASM as an ongoing title...and it's got all that action & Spidey on it. 

Not to be a nattering nabob of negativity or anything like that, but ASM was published bi-monthly for the first six issues, so technically speaking, pages from ASM 1-6 = ‘Year 1”.  Nerdy stuff, I know, but ASM started monthly publication with issue #7.

1 hour ago, comix4fun said:

And, never has Spider-man faced such a devastating foe as "Fancy Dan"!    

Edited by Mickey7

1 hour ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

Not to be a nattering nabob of negativity or anything like that, but ASM was published bi-monthly for the first six issues, so technically speaking, pages from ASM 1-6 = ‘Year 1”.  Nerdy stuff, I know, but ASM started monthly publication with issue #7.

Asm 1 March 1963

Asm 10 March 1964

Year.

One.*

* It was only issues 1-4 that were bi-monthly, starting with issue 4 they came one every month. 4 in sept, 5 in oct, 6 is Nov., etc. So #1 and #10 exactly one year apart. 

Edited by comix4fun