• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Two of our own headline Video Game collecting article
1 1

113 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, Bronty said:

Yes.   And perhaps before we concoct any conspiracy theories, it would be helpful for you to know that I turned down a higher offer (105k) from a single collector I've know for close to twenty years who has nothing to do with any of that?

I chose the lower offer because one offer came with promoting the hobby at large, and one didn't, so I chose the lower offer to promote a hobby I care about, but make no mistake that I was getting six figures either way to let it leave my house.    I'm not sure why people love conspiracy theories so much ;)

As for Danielle, perhaps a pm would draw less attention to info being public if what you're trying to protect her from info being public.    I've texted Adam but in the meantime if you could delete that part of your post, it would be helpful.

Btw Jim, still into White Mountains?

(as an aside, the white mountain OO/hoarder had a few valuable sealed NES games so there are a few 'white mountain' NES games). 

I have removed what you have asked me to.

I was so annoyed with the cost of the Saturn that I welcomed the PS1 with open arms, even though I was a Nintendo loyalist from NES-N64.

It was only a matter of time before Sony became a big player. They were out for blood after Nintendo utterly betrayed them in the early 90s

6 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

I was so annoyed with the cost of the Saturn that I welcomed the PS1 with open arms, even though I was a Nintendo loyalist from NES-N64.

It was only a matter of time before Sony became a big player. They were out for blood after Nintendo utterly betrayed them in the early 90s

I really enjoy third person shooter and I found that n64 only had 'Winback' where as PS1 had syphon filter.

But to N64 credit they had Zelda Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask and those games were amazing...granted PS1 had Final Fantasy VII VIII both amazing games:foryou:

18 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I really enjoy third person shooter and I found that n64 only had 'Winback' where as PS1 had syphon filter.

But to N64 credit they had Zelda Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask and those games were amazing...granted PS1 had Final Fantasy VII VIII both amazing games:foryou:

I lost an entire 3 months of my life playing Ocarina of Time with Far's "Water and Solutions" on repeat in the background.

Is game grading more accurate/knowledgable than say, card grading? Are they good at judging whether a seal is original or repro? I haven't really followed it, so I don't know. Sports card grading (PSA mostly) is currently in the midst of a scandal. Large numbers of high-dollar trimmed and chemically-altered cards in high-grade slabs. The total percentage of affected cards may be low compared to their totals, but it's still ugly. I wonder if game grading will, in the long run, end up more like pretty reliable ol' CGC or pathetic PSA.

Edited by Silver Ager

15 minutes ago, Silver Ager said:

Is game grading more accurate/knowledgable than say, card grading? Are they good at judging whether a seal is original or repro? I haven't really followed it, so I don't know. Sports card grading (PSA mostly) is currently in the midst of a scandal. Large numbers of high-dollar trimmed and chemically-altered cards in high-grade slabs. The total percentage of affected cards may be low compared to their totals, but it's still ugly. I wonder if game grading will, in the long run, end up more like pretty reliable ol' CGC or pathetic PSA.

I think on the cardboard box era stuff the likelihood of any future scandal is very low because the box itself becomes damaged in the process of opening it. 

In other words, plastic wrap or no plastic wrap you can tell whether the game has been opened.

Hard case stuff (genesis, ps1, etc) I'd put as slightly higher risk of issues one day but there are ways to tell with that stuff as well.

Edited by Bronty