• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 11...THE RAREST SPIDEY IN HIGH GRADE!!
5 5

83 posts in this topic

On 8/10/2019 at 1:25 PM, trmoore54 said:

Last time I compiled an ASM 1-50 HG Census list was exactly 5 years ago in August 2014.  So it’s time to take stock again and check the current status. 

I hope then (2014) and now, you didn't spend too much time compiling those numbers.  This website will do all the work for you: http://www.cgcdata.com/cgc/search/title/:Spider:Man:/comicyearend/1966/label/all/orderby/alphabetical/

2 hours ago, valiantman said:

I hope then (2014) and now, you didn't spend too much time compiling those numbers.  This website will do all the work for you: http://www.cgcdata.com/cgc/search/title/:Spider:Man:/comicyearend/1966/label/all/orderby/alphabetical/

Wow, I wonder who owns the single and only CGC 9.9 of ASM #19, which appears to be the only 9.9 for the most part of the early ASM's.

58 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Wow, I wonder who owns the single and only CGC 9.9 of ASM #19, which appears to be the only 9.9 for the most part of the early ASM's.

Terry's comics brought it to market around 2000 as a 9.9 from a stash of high grades he had, I think it's changed hands a couple times since 2000 when it was graded. Lastly being sold on ComicLink sa far as I know

I held it in my hands at SDCC in 2000 and it is a stunner. Colors unlike any other 19's to say the least 

However 30+K for a 9.9?  Not for me personally , I think those funds are much better spent elsewhere personally.

35 minutes ago, UncleBEN said:

Terry's comics brought it to market around 2000 as a 9.9 from a stash of high grades he had, I think it's changed hands a couple times since 2000 when it was graded. Lastly being sold on ComicLink sa far as I know

I held it in my hands at SDCC in 2000 and it is a stunner. Colors unlike any other 19's to say the least 

However 30+K for a 9.9?  Not for me personally , I think those funds are much better spent elsewhere personally.

Crazy! I'm sure it's a gorgeous book.

21 hours ago, valiantman said:

LOL.  I was not aware of that but thanks for the linky.  Didn't take all that long and gives me time to think about things while I'm doing it.

Knowing that this book is rare in high grade, I thought I'd post this in this thread as there are many vigilant members. In case anyone notices this copy on the open market, this copy has been stolen from me. Please message me with any leads. Thanks!

145333243_AmazingSpider-man11A.thumb.jpg.7f88c3a4c1398ca8d7aa16166d6f3219.jpg

22 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

Knowing that this book is rare in high grade, I thought I'd post this in this thread as there are many vigilant members. In case anyone notices this copy on the open market, this copy has been stolen from me. Please message me with any leads. Thanks!

145333243_AmazingSpider-man11A.thumb.jpg.7f88c3a4c1398ca8d7aa16166d6f3219.jpg

Ouch. That’s a beautiful book. It would be easy to spot with the 1-23 date written in the D.

They're pretty close in the CGC census.  There are 16 unrestored copies of ASM #11 in 9.4 or better, with none in 9.8, and 20 of X-Men #11, including one in 9.8.