• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 11...THE RAREST SPIDEY IN HIGH GRADE!!
5 5

83 posts in this topic

From even before the auction started a friend of mine told me he'd win the book ... and he did. You will see the book registered in his ASM set soon enough.

Edited by Gotham Kid

It looks unpressed, which makes it an even sweeter copy for me.  No pages sticking out along the right edge, no rotation of the cover with the top right edge extended way past the pages, no fuzzy holes around the staples, no thin white vertical or horizontal lines near the spine, and still a small bit of gentle overhang bending along the top.  Just a stellar copy of a Pacific Coast pedigree book looking the way it did when it was part of that incredible collection.

I still have paper copies of some listings of the Pacific Coast pedigree collection when it was first brought to market over the Internet by Robert Roter of Pacific Comic Exchange in 1999-2000.  The ASM #11 was graded NM++ with page quality of 3.3 (Roter's off-white to white), and sold for $1000.

Edited by namisgr

On 9/2/2019 at 5:24 PM, trmoore54 said:

Sold for a cool $36050...actually a pretty good deal for buyer IMO...figured it would go for between $40-45K but as we know a lot of factors that affect the final hammer price any given day...

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FDEFAULT.ASP%3FFOCUSED%3D1%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%26pg%3D11%23Item_1332812&id=1332812&itemType=0

RAD2E19D2019814_141817.jpg

Hmm, potential 9.8 resub :headbang:

14 hours ago, LordRahl said:

That Pac Coast 9.6 was an absolute steal relative to what the 9.2 sold for tonight on CL. I mean wow did that CVA sticker really drive the price up:insane:

That book talks on its own. No CVA sticker required!

On 3/1/2020 at 1:31 PM, loboagain said:

The recent ComicLink auction had an ASM 11 CGC 9.2 sell for $23k! 

Yeah... insane. Especially since apparently the comic market is crashing because 1 AF15 sold for $36K.

ASM11 always so tough. Picked this one up raw on the boards. I subbed this along with another 2 books, felt that they were all graded tightly. I resubbed the other 2 with no press/clean and they both bumped. Always makes me wonder if I should go for the 9.0 upgrade on this, the black/purple are close to flawless. 

173B6ECF-4DA6-4544-9CBE-9F74163CDC65.jpeg

4 hours ago, Spiderphill said:

ASM11 always so tough. Picked this one up raw on the boards. I subbed this along with another 2 books, felt that they were all graded tightly. I resubbed the other 2 with no press/clean and they both bumped. Always makes me wonder if I should go for the 9.0 upgrade on this, the black/purple are close to flawless. 

Looks upgradeable atleast from what I’m seeing. Very solid book!

15 hours ago, Spiderphill said:

What were the other comics?

I checked the surrounding CERT #s & the only CERT # 0273053001 (CGC5.5 Sgt Fury & HHC 1) is there.

Untitled-asm11.jpg

Just curious to see if anyone has a copy of Comic Book Marketplace #24 (Gemstone publishing) to compare their cover feature story of "Spider-Man #1-50 The Rarity & The Demand", just to see where ASM #11 ranked against the other early issues 25 years ago?

CBM 24.jpg

2 hours ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

Just curious to see if anyone has a copy of Comic Book Marketplace #24 (Gemstone publishing) to compare their cover feature story of "Spider-Man #1-50 The Rarity & The Demand", just to see where ASM #11 ranked against the other early issues 25 years ago?

CBM 24.jpg

I would love to have that magazine!