• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mark Millar's JUPITER'S LEGACY on Netflix (2020)
2 2

70 posts in this topic

Ep #2 - kinda went around and around and went nowhere until the last 2 minutes.

4 / 10

At least we know where #3 is going - hopefully it won't take for ever and hammer home the same message - thou shalt not kill. Or can you?

You've made the point guys - move on!

Ep #4

Drugs are bad kids, drugs are bad.

Pieces are joining but the timelines are annoying as heck to put together.

5/10

Ep #5

My interest is piqued.

Bedtime, more tomorrow....

Definitely a slow burn.

I liked the 1929 storyline better than the modern story.
The farmhouse scene was pretty creepy.

The 'big reveal' was interesting, but my first thought was: Why now?
At least timing-wise in terms of the characters and story.
It seems like the character would've had opportunities to attempt something in prior years.

Overall, I'd grade it out at a solid C+

It's not bad. No where near the level of some of the other great series like The Boys. The fight scenes feel very low budget and a bit unintentionally campy.

The story seems decent and I'll continue watching. Very curious about some of the 1930's stuff.

4 hours ago, Beige said:

Ep #3

No idea what's happening. At all.

Gets a bonus point for gratuitous lesbian sex and good fight scenes. :idea:

6 / 10

I was forcing myself to watch this so hard I actually fell asleep during this episode. But I did wake up well rested.

Sleep-wise: 10.0/10

Show-wise: 5.0/10

3 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

I've never read that comic series, so I'm up to episode 3 and totally confused.

It takes a while for this to kick in I guess. I'll know when I get up to Episode 4 in an 8-episode series.

hm

ill say i had serious issues with this show on eps 1. it only solidified by initial feelings from the trailer it felt like a cw show. the beard on utopian was distracting to say the least. the show does improve imo after eps 4 but its still not without its faults. 

if anyone remembers the first vol of Jupiters legacy the world building was very sparse, i mean very. it always struck me as there was more going on that we were not privy to which made it more interesting. i just assume the show was fleshing out what Millar didnt include in the books and frankly its terrible. i have not ready jupiters legacy vol 2 to know if the immovable idealism in the face of a changing world held by utopian is explained but its terribly written in the show. i get people can be blinded by a single minded vision but jeeze the over acting is just off putting. 

i dont know if this material was harder to write for the screen as opposed to kick but im not real excited over season 2. i will watch it but its not something i would recommend to anyone.

I couldn't sleep so I pushed on through to the end.

Having not read the source material, I didn't know what to expect. But with the excessively extended origin story and the over-obvious villain reveal, it felt disappointing recognizing who created this world.

Not horrible. Not spectacular. Just a typical overdone superhero show for me.

5.0/10 overall

Ep #6 - Best yet

Code is in trouble, Paradise found.

7/10

Going to do a Bosco and push on to the end! :whatthe:

Ep #7 - Bit of a load of wank really :facepalm:

2 / 10

Edited by Beige

10 minutes ago, Beige said:

Ep #7 - Bit of a load of wank really :facepalm:

2 / 10

They were right on the edge of the overall season ending up as interesting. Then this and Episode 8.

:(

Edited by Bosco685

The End. #8 - Just pointless.

2 /10

Agree Bosco - had some promise, but I couldn't care less if there is another season or not.

Overall 3 / 10

Poor to Average