• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mark Millar's JUPITER'S LEGACY on Netflix (2020)
2 2

70 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, piper said:

I have so much to watch, so this is likely a pass for me.

Its a prudent thing that Netflix jammed the release in between the Disney+ Marvel shows.
Now that the palate has been cleansed - time for Loki...

I finally made it thru the 1st episode and it felt a bit preachy to me.  I don't hate a little politics thrown in but it really felt like it was pushing a certain agenda and it just fell flat.  I'm sure I'll finish it over the next month in-between watching several other shows but I'm in no hurry. 

24 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

I finally made it thru the 1st episode and it felt a bit preachy to me.  I don't hate a little politics thrown in but it really felt like it was pushing a certain agenda and it just fell flat.  I'm sure I'll finish it over the next month in-between watching several other shows but I'm in no hurry. 

It really doesn't if you keep watching, utopian has a code, that's about it. at least through episode 4 or 5 when I fell asleep.

I an actually kind of feeling like netflix dropping the whole season at once is making less sense. I would be ok with 2 episodes a week. I've been watching the netflix model for a couple of years now and these binges are not healthy.

On 5/11/2021 at 12:52 PM, Bosco685 said:

It takes a while for this to kick in I guess. I'll know when I get up to Episode 4 in an 8-episode series.

hm

that right there equals a fail in my book. i had this show marked on my calendar, was so excited after reading the original series of books. if the first ep cannot grab a viewer like myself, who really wanted to like it, then they've not done their job. couldnt even get passed the first scene of ep2. 

one does not need to force oneself to watch a good show. see GOT season 1 episode 1 for how to do it right. 

Just now, alexgross.com said:

that right there equals a fail in my book. i had this show marked on my calendar, was so excited after reading the original series of books. if the first ep cannot grab a viewer like myself, who really wanted to like it, then they've not done their job. couldnt even get passed the first scene of ep2. 

one does not need to force oneself to watch a good show. see GOT season 1 episode 1 for how to do it right. 

It's sad as I really wanted to be blown away by the show.

They even tried to do the Arrow flashback scenes across all the episodes to share the origin. But it was done in a way it felt clumsy and offsetting. Yet you could tell underneath it all there was a decent show hidden somewhere.

The villain reveal by Episode 8 was more 'well I saw that coming back in Episode 1-2'. So that wasn't even a surprise. They hit you over the head with the details to make it clear who was never satisfied with his place in life.

51 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

They even tried to do the Arrow flashback scenes across all the episodes to share the origin. But it was done in a way it felt clumsy and offsetting. Yet you could tell underneath it all there was a decent show hidden somewhere.

The villain reveal by Episode 8 was more 'well I saw that coming back in Episode 1-2'. So that wasn't even a surprise. They hit you over the head with the details to make it clear who was never satisfied with his place in life.

It couldn't be the guy who is telling the main character about how messed up the world is and that they should do more to change people - possibly through mind control, would it?? (I've only watched the 1st episodes and I think I figured out the twist).

7 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

It couldn't be the guy who is telling the main character about how messed up the world is and that they should do more to change people - possibly through mind control, would it?? (I've only watched the 1st episodes and I think I figured out the twist).

Spoiler

His brother who was bitter the entire time how Sheldon seemed to get all the attention

According to my Netflix account yesterday, this was the # 1 most-watched Netflix show in America (not sure if that means for the day or for the week).

Per this article, for the week of May 5-11, it was the 4th most-watched Netflix show and 10th most-watched show across all streaming services.

https://www.pcmag.com/news/the-most-watched-shows-on-netflix-this-week

1 hour ago, Gatsby77 said:

According to my Netflix account yesterday, this was the # 1 most-watched Netflix show in America (not sure if that means for the day or for the week).

Per this article, for the week of May 5-11, it was the 4th most-watched Netflix show and 10th most-watched show across all streaming services.

https://www.pcmag.com/news/the-most-watched-shows-on-netflix-this-week

That was the only reason I knew it existed and watched it. It showed up in my top-10 queue as #1. It's kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy...

21 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

That was the only reason I knew it existed and watched it. It showed up in my top-10 queue as #1. It's kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy...

How'd that turn out for you?

:baiting:

:popcorn:

3 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

and @1Cool this was all done by the end of issue 3 of the books. spoiler alert : utopian, our main hero, is freaking murdered by his son, brother and most superheroes. its like wtf, i cant beleive what i'm reading. to spend a whole season on that is just a terrible choice. as i said before, why not follow the blueprint of a super well reviewed and popular comic book series. 

7 minutes ago, alexgross.com said:

and @1Cool this was all done by the end of issue 3 of the books. spoiler alert : utopian, our main hero, is freaking murdered by his son, brother and most superheroes. its like wtf, i cant beleive what i'm reading. to spend a whole season on that is just a terrible choice. as i said before, why not follow the blueprint of a super well reviewed and popular comic book series. 

:whatthe:

Wow! I didn't know that about the source material.

So they really changed up the source material (WITHOUT REVEALING SPOILERS FOR ANYONE). I just assumed this was in line with the comic book stories.

Ok, I have never read this comic so I went in completely clueless about any of this.  I am up to episode 6 so far and here is my take.

1929 time line is great, very interested in this.

Modern storyline is a bit boring.

Chloe is a dumpster fire.  Everytime she is on screen I either mute or fast forward.  "Oh boo hoo I have super strength, super speed, invulnerability, flight, and can pay my rent by shaking my butt and ta tas because I am a super and my father is the most well known super.  But I hate him because he didn't hug me when I was young because he was out saving the world so that I could  have a planet to grow up on."

Whatever.  She sucks.

The show was OK.

And that was kind of the problem.  As I watched it, all I kept thinking of were other shows that did the exact same beat better, quicker and with better FX

It's fine for what it is, I hope season 2 picks up the pace and the stakes.  Nothing felt like it mattered, and they talked about doing stuff vs actually doing stuff way too much.

The show also lives somewhere in a weird place between a CW show and The Boys / Titans.  It might be better to choose a lane.