• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

All Star 8 on eBay
1 1

21 posts in this topic

Saw that in the completed section the next day.  Initially thought "hmm, even with only 40 pages there.. it was a decent buy."  Then I realized it was complete!

According to watchcount, it sold within nine minutes of posting.  Congrats to the buyer -- they had to see it within those nine minutes, realize it was all there and not a scam, and checkout before anyone else.

Very interesting! The pages look great. The cover has strong colors and decent gloss with a few obvious nicks and flaws. What do you think it would grade? 1.8? 2.0? 2.5? 

You could fold the one piece down on the right edge (if it doesn't break off) and still have a nice-presenting copy of a mega-key!  :cloud9:

Funny that someone knew enough to ask that much but not to bother any further with it, like getting it slabbed or sending it to auction.  (shrug)

Edited by PopKulture

1 hour ago, PopKulture said:

Funny that not to bother any further with it, like getting it slabbed or sending it to auction.  (shrug)

yup, cause he'd know it would come back as incomplete 0.5.

Edited by Gotham Kid

Pardon my ignorance, but what looks like a pic of centerfold appears to show continuity of story from the left page to the right page.  So what pages would be missing, if not center wraps? 

Do any experts on this book recognize that the picture shown is/is not the appropriate centerfold?  I understand there are other (more complicated)ways to have missing pages.

10 minutes ago, grebal said:

Pardon my ignorance, but what looks like a pic of centerfold appears to show continuity of story from the left page to the right page.  So what pages would be missing, if not center wraps? 

Do any experts on this book recognize that the picture shown is/is not the appropriate centerfold?  I understand there are other (more complicated)ways to have missing pages.

I thought the same thing after noting continuity across what appears to be the centerfold... hm

10 minutes ago, eccomic said:

I would surmise the book IS complete

76 interior pages and cover makes 80 TOTAL pages, or 40 LEAVES.. The seller has a funny way of counting pages. LOL

IMG_1051.jpg

The 76 pages include the covers. 

So 40 folios is too much. I’m guessing it’s 40 pages like stated but it’s just a guess 

4 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

The 76 pages include the covers. 

So 40 folios is too much. I’m guessing it’s 40 pages like stated but it’s just a guess 

Yes, so it would be 36 pages (counting both sides) to the CF and 36 pages on the back end of the CF. Add the covers (4 pages) = 76 total. 

Or, you can count 18 pages (single sided) to the CF and 18 more on the back end = 36 pages x 2 sides each = 72 + covers (outside and inside) = 76 :insane:

Edited by Primetime

21 minutes ago, Primetime said:

Yes, so it would be 36 pages (counting both sides) to the CF and 36 pages on the back end of the CF. Add the covers (4 pages) = 76 total. 

Or, you can count 18 pages (single sided) to the CF and 18 more on the back end = 36 pages x 2 sides each = 72 + covers (outside and inside) = 76 :insane:

Don't you have to divide by pi someplace in there?  If so, I prefer apple