• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC grading a PGX sig series...green or blue?

7 posts in this topic

So I've got a pgx sig series book signed by stan lee.  From what I read here, that can get either a cgc blue or green label if re-graded. Is this correct?

Not sure what determines the label color though. Does the submitter decide if he wants the "full" cgc grade with a qualified green label , vs a blue label with points detracted for "writing on cover"? Or is that up to the cgc grader to decide based on whatever criteria?

Thanks for any info you guys can provide!

10 hours ago, UncleAnwar said:

So I've got a pgx sig series book signed by stan lee.  From what I read here, that can get either a cgc blue or green label if re-graded. Is this correct?

Not sure what determines the label color though. Does the submitter decide if he wants the "full" cgc grade with a qualified green label , vs a blue label with points detracted for "writing on cover"? Or is that up to the cgc grader to decide based on whatever criteria?

Yes, that's correct.

CGC will encapsulate it under a Qualified label unless otherwise requested by submitter (you).

12 hours ago, UncleAnwar said:

BINGO!

14 hours ago, UncleAnwar said:

PGX? Probably purple.

:baiting:

But, as mentioned, the default for a book signed on the cover is green.

18 hours ago, Motor City Rob said:

What's the process the let CGC know that you want a blue label instead of green?  Do you just put a note in with your shipment or is there something on the submission form that allows you to state that you prefer a blue label?

Call CGC and ask them directly.