• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OA size question....8x11??? Forgery??

4 posts in this topic

I've seen some art pop up lately that is allegedly 8" x 11" in format on Image Comics bristol board.  Is this a thing? I'm trying to determine if the art is legit or a good forgery and have never heard of that format for artwork. Of course...I will be brave and say it's "Liefeld" artwork (braces himself for the onslaught of anti-Liefeld criticisms)...but hey, it was a part of my childhood and I dig it. Thanks for any help!

Most artist work 11x17 since shrinking down the artwork to comic book size sharpens the lines and improves it for printing. I know a few artist that do draw 8x11, for whatever reason would be faster for them. If its an artist still producing artwork, I would reach out to them and inquire if they do it 8x11 and if they art in question is drawn by them. Most artists are on facebook, twitter or deviantart.

1 minute ago, Poboyross said:

I reached out to Rob a week or so ago....crickets :/  I work with another artist who knows him/used to work with him. I've reached out to him as well and waiting to hear back.

Thanks for the info!!!

Look on comiartfans for other examples by Rob. ask the owners about the size of the artwork