• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official Oceans11 mammoth sale thread Matt Baker, LB Cole, Horror, Crime, Slabs Planet Comics, Wolverine 1 9.8, Secret Wars 1 9.8, ASM, etc .
3 3

78 posts in this topic

Here is my (mostly) Golden Age sales thread, This will run the several stacks of books that I've set aside for this and will be in completely random order. It may appear alphabetical to a degree but that's strictly due to scanning and labeling sorting books that way. No order is actually here and honestly I'm not really sure where this thread will take me. I've got too many short boxes of comics and the weeding out process is one I'm not always good at. I've tried and I still have piles and boxes of books all around. I know there will be gold. Pre-code horror. Some GGA. Some cool covers. Some low grade cool books. Some better grade cool books. And maybe even a not so cool book. I don't know. I always just picked up what I like. Hopefully you will dig them also.  I know there will be a few books I said I'd never sell. And eventually there will be slabs, some Golden age but more Silver and Bronze hero stuff there. But stick around there may be a surprise or two along the way. 

This all being said, I've tried to grade everything fairly and price accordingly, but if you see something you don't agree with or want to shoot me a lower offer, I encourage it.

MY RULES

NO HOS OR PL MEMBERS

First  (or variation of I'll take it) posted in thread wins or via PM wins. Timestamp deciding factor.

OFFERS ENCOURAGED VIA PM

PAYMENT INFO

Paypal payments preferred, check/money order possible.

Payment expected within 48 hours of invoicing - if you need additional time, please contact me

SHIPPING INFO

Shipping will be at cost.

ABOUT ME

I've been buying/selling comics here for a bit of time. Have made several deals with established board members. I have feedback in the kudos section if you want to check it out.

BOOKS

books have NOT been pressed, which in some cases will be very obvious.  Not saying you should or shouldn't and while I doubt any of these will press up to an 11, some books may benefit from such things. All I can say is that none were pressed previously to the best of my knowledge

RETURN POLICY
15 day return policy

Edited by oceans11

Blue Beetle 55 Fox. The good news first.. it's a very cool cover that I don't see often. Higher grades command $$$ so here's a lower grade copy much cheaper. The condition here pretty much speaks for itself. Rust on staples and migration. There's a slight ripple on the upper right edge. Pieces missing out of the top some smaller one at the bottom. Cover is attached though and the book is complete. 

So let's go $100.00 on this one. 

blue beetle a.jpg

blue beetle b.jpg

Edited by oceans11

Fight Comics 44 low grade. probably a good 1.8 -2.0 range Spine spit at top and bottom to staples. Piece missing on cover. There is a piece missing out of the upper right edge of the first page, but it doesn't affect art. Small rip right hand edge. Some other small tears. Classic bondage cover though and another $$$ book. 

This one is a bargain at $210.00

fight 44 a.jpg

fight 44 b.jpg

Edited by oceans11

Archie 33. Presents nice. Piece missing out of spine. Small 2" piece of tape on spine. Some general overall wear. Figure 3.0-3.5 range. Cool Al Fagaly cover. 

$65.00

archie 33 a.jpg

archie 33 b.jpg

Edited by oceans11

Suzie 58 Solid VG copy here with small tears at staples and that upper right corner piece missing. Color transfer onto book from something that sat on it. Otherwise nice copy and one of my favorite Suzie covers. Top 5 at least. 

$85.00

suzie 58 a.jpg

suzie 58 b.jpg

Edited by oceans11

Rangers 68. Solid VG/VG+ copy if not even nicer. Really good vibrant color here on this late in the series book that went back to the war covers for the last couple issues. 

$55.00

rangers 68 a.jpg

rangers 68 b.jpg

Edited by oceans11

Jumbo 126 Fiction House was just so good at this type of thing. Nice presenting copy that should be in the VG+/F- range. Small piece missing at bottom left  corner. Nice color and good gloss still. Chip out of spine by bottom staple, Technically a bondage cover I guess, but not sure if it counts when it's a guy tied up. 

$68.00

jumbo 126 a.jpg

jumbo 126 b.jpg

Edited by oceans11

Jumbo 143 Fiction House doing it yet again. Biggest issue is piece missing from upper edge. Bottom right corner has some wear. Small tears by staples and a couple by edges. Say it's a VG copy. 

$45.00

jumbo 143 a.jpg

jumbo 143 b.jpg

Edited by oceans11

Super Magician vol 4 issue 10. Levitation. One of my favorite covers here and an underrated title. This one is a good VG copy with a couple rips to the covers holding it down. The smaller on the front while the bigger rip is on the back upper corner. Still 52 solid pages here.

$45.00

super magician 10 a.jpg

super magican 10 b.jpg

Edited by oceans11

Suzie 93 opposite end here, this is a solid 2.0 copy. 1 1/2" rip back cover. 1" rip back cover. That piece off the bottom corner. Still, classic Suzie ready for summer and grilling season for us. 

$40.00

suzie 93 a.jpg

suzie 93 b.jpg

Black Cat Mystic 61 first title change to Mystic. This cover always reminds me of the Joust video game. I also like the perspective on this cover. Very under appreciated in my opinion. 1/2" tear on cover in that creasing there by spine. I thought the cover may have been trimmed but I reasearched it and that's just how it was printed with the comic code box cut off. I'd go in the VG/F range here. 

$65.00

black cat 61 a.jpg

black cat 61 b.jpg

Dark Mysteries 5 Pre Code horror is the best. Love these skeleton covers. Couple chips off cover. Good color. Tape along spine. Appears cover was detached but small glue spot on back holding cover on to book. Presents well though and it's just a cool book.

$180.00

dark mysteries 5 a.jpg

dark mysteries 5 b.jpg

Edited by oceans11

Mysterious Adventures 7 More skeletons and this one has a bonus demon. Damn it Jane, you're not helping here. Piece missing off right edge and another off bottom left corner. Stain on cover by the VE in Adventures. 1 1/2" spine split at bottom edge to staple.  G/VG

$150.00   SOLD

mysterious adventures 7 a.jpg

mysterious adventures 7 b.jpg

Edited by oceans11

Mysteries 5 by Superior. Skeletons waiter, Skeleton band, and the Devil. So much to love about this cover. Unfortunately condition is an issue here with this being in a good 1.8 range. Cover split half way from top down. Attached at bottom staple. there is a small rip that goes into cover on the left by the devil's head. General wear. Book is complete and pages inside are nice 

$100.00 SOLD

mysteries weird strange 5 a.jpg

mysteries weird strange 5 b.jpg

Edited by oceans11

My Friend Irma 41. Dan DeCarlo cover . I had the pleasure of meeting Dan DeCarlo and his wife Josie at Wondercon back in 1999. Great couple and I wish I had known more of his work other than Archie stuff at the time. I've learned since then and realized he created gems like the Irma covers he did. This one is a good example. Good bright color. Bit of wear at the bottom and bottom edge. Nice VG copy maybe even VG+.

$125.00

my friend irma 41 a.jpg

my friend irma 41 b.jpg

Edited by oceans11

Authentic Police Cases 1 Crime books are hot and this one is a great example. Bondage cover as well. I was on the fence about selling this one as it's so nice and has great gloss and would've graded higher except for the chew at the bottom left. That doesn't bother me much as it doesn't interfere with the cover art or interior art. So why is this up for sale? Not really sure, but here it is. VG- copy.

$90.00

authentic police cases 1 a.jpg

authentic police cases 1 b.jpg

Edited by oceans11