• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official Oceans11 mammoth sale thread Matt Baker, LB Cole, Horror, Crime, Slabs Planet Comics, Wolverine 1 9.8, Secret Wars 1 9.8, ASM, etc .
3 3

78 posts in this topic

Tomb of Terror 9. Hammer, chisel, skeleton legs. Lee Elias cover on this pre-code horror gem. Also missing 3/4 of an interior splash page that definitely interferes with story. Bought it awhile ago and didn't check the interior for some reason. So my loss is your gain as it's a Freebie to whoever has bought any other book and claims it,

CLAIMED

tomb of terror 9 a.jpg

tomb of terror 9 b.jpg

Edited by oceans11

Tim Holt 16 Are Westerns still dead? I know there's not a huge demand for Tim Holt books except for the Frazetta covers but this one's pretty cool. It's got the Ghost Rider story and was signed by Ayers. I didn't get it signed myself but the signature matches up and it came out of  a collection that was being sold for the estate. Book is in F condition. 

$65.00

tim holt 16 a.jpg

tim holt 16 b.jpg

tim holt 16 c.jpg

Edited by oceans11

Uncanny Tales 54 Atlas horror even with the code was dynamic and had some great stories. Just all those small details in this cover make me happy. Another one I'm not sure why I'm selling as I should keep it.  I'd put it at a F-

$80.00

uncanny tales 54 a.jpg

uncanny tales 54 b.jpg

Edited by oceans11

The Hawk 9. Well I did it. Somehow I bought this book twice without realizing it. So selling the one copy here. Presents as a F but the piece missing out of the spine and the tanning on the edge knocks it down to a VG for me. Cover by some artist named Matt Baker who seems like he's got some talent. lol  

$80.00

hawk 9 a.jpg

hawk 9 b.jpg

Black Cat Mystery 42. Not the big one from this series, but how can you argue with the Next Attraction Death cover logo? Keeping the Pre Code horror posts going with this offering from Harvey. This one in the G/VG range. $140.00  SOLD

black cat mystery 42 a.jpg

black cat mystery 42 b.jpg

Edited by oceans11

Rocket Ship X One shot with creepy dude on the cover. I miss those promises of rocketships for travel and jet packs and ray guns. This is a book with cool art and lots of issues. 1 1/2" spine split at top. 4" spine split at the bottom, that goes past the staple. So ..cover attached at top staple only. There are a couple interior pages that have edges torn. It doesn't affect the art so that's a good thing. Not the highest grade for this book, and it's a good solid 1.8 or maybe 2.0 range, but I really like this one a lot. 

$70

rocket ship x a.jpg

rocket ship x b.jpg

Archie's Mad House 12 Sometimes I feel like this. I wouldn't tell my wife, but yeah. And really.. who would mind waiting for Veronica? Just good Archie stories here. Chipping on the edges of this one, so much you'd think it was a 60's Marvel book. I didn't expect Marvel chipping on an  Archie title, but that's the best way to describe it. White cover that shows dirt and staining. But it's a G/VG reader copy that's 

$30. SOLD

archies madhouse 12 a.jpg

archies madhouse 12 b.jpg

Edited by oceans11

Adventures Into the Unknown 22. These ACG books don't quite get the love they deserve. I love the feel of this cover. I was going to work on a run of this title at one point but then got sidetracked. I may get back to it and then I'll question why I sold this but here we go. Tape on entire spine. Piece out of the back. G/VG

$50.00

adventures unknown 22 a.jpg

adventuers unknown 22 b.jpg

Adventures into the Unknown 27 ACG. Seriously love this cover. No really. Why am I selling this one? I may go back and pull it. It's no the most expensive book but that cover is aces. Couple pieces missing. Small tears by staples. Spine roll. Could benefit from a press and cleaning; and that should get the book back in alignment. As is I'm calling it G/VG and let's do

$80.00

adventures unknown 27 a.jpg

adventures unknown 27 b.jpg

Classic Comics Lorna Doone  otherwise known as Classics Illustrated to which that name would eventually change. This one though is better know for it's art by Matt Baker; see I told you his art would catch on right? lol   All Baker through the comic, this one was reprinted in later editions but here is the first, Lays flat. Vibrant color. Supple pages. I'm calling it F+

$85.00 SOLD

lorna doone a.jpg

lorna doone b.jpg

Edited by oceans11

The Beyond 20  Pre Code Horror from Ace. Classic cover. I mean seriously, it doesn't get more classic than that. Another low grade copy here.. or ahem.. affordable grade.. that's what they're calling it these days. So much to love here and it's one of my favorites; whicn I admit I have a lot of, but still this is easily up there in top 20. So yeah, you get it, but you're wondering  what are the issues? Well.. this Fair/Good copy has a 1/3 spine split from bottom up. It's missing part of the spine as you can see on the front and back scans. Cover is attached at top staple. Color is good though. And the book is complete. So let's do this as a bargain, as I bought it as a bargain.

$65.00

and yeah, I know I'll just end up replacing this issue down the road and have to spend far more to do it.   SOLD

beyond 20 a.jpg

beyond 20 b.jpg

Edited by oceans11

Last one for the day, and I'll be back at this again tomorrow. I've got a stack more to scan and post and then later in the week I'll start posting the slabs. 

So let's close out with  a nice Pre Code Horror book. Another from the why am I selling this pile, we have 

Eerie 17. Last issue in series, this book check all the boxes for pre code coolness. Skeleton. Headlights. Horror. Good colors. Great design. and Wally Wood ,  There are lots of pieces out of spine but the cover is still attached at both staples. General wear but good colore on this dynamic cover.  Solid G range. 

$260.00

eerie 17 a.jpg

eerie 17 b.jpg

Edited by oceans11

14 minutes ago, oceans11 said:

The Beyond 20  Pre Code Horror from Ace. Classic cover. I mean seriously, it doesn't get more classic than that. Another low grade copy here.. or ahem.. affordable grade.. that's what they're calling it these days. So much to love here and it's one of my favorites; whicn I admit I have a lot of, but still this is easily up there in top 20. So yeah, you get it, but you're wondering  what are the issues? Well.. this Fair/Good copy has a 1/3 spine split from bottom up. It's missing part of the spine as you can see on the front and back scans. Cover is attached at top staple. Color is good though. And the book is complete. So let's do this as a bargain, as I bought it as a bargain.

$65.00

and yeah, I know I'll just end up replacing this issue down the road and have to spend far more to do it. 

beyond 20 a.jpg

beyond 20 b.jpg

Take it