• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does a hold mail apply to registered mail?
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Down the shore for the week.

Friday my wife put in a stop mail order for all our names. We left saturday morning.   Apparently a few hours later the mailman tried to deliver s CGC package. My son ended up leaving Sunday and when he got home had saw the notice on the door about being unable to deliver Saturday..

The confirmation number shows it coming from CGC

Good point about it being loaded before the hold order got to them.

I've had no one home before for prev packages and the notes they left said after 3 attempts they would return it to sender.  I try using their website for delivery reschedule to indicate to hold it but I continually get errors when I try to send it.   I called my local USPS and they said it will be held.

Prob shoulda stayed home anyway.   Was fixing the framing of the crawlspace entry of my M.I.L. shore house and noticed a burning smell.

Looked up and saw the cable line casing sparking and burning.  Fire and power co came out.  Big problem inside power meter which carried the charge down the ground line Comcast attached to the meter box. Siding melted a little too.

At least it happened while I was right there rather than several hours later when everyone's asleep.  Then no one would ever be signing for my CGC box...

27 minutes ago, csaag said:

Good point about it being loaded before the hold order got to them.

I've had no one home before for prev packages and the notes they left said after 3 attempts they would return it to sender.  I try using their website for delivery reschedule to indicate to hold it but I continually get errors when I try to send it.   I called my local USPS and they said it will be held.

Prob shoulda stayed home anyway.   Was fixing the framing of the crawlspace entry of my M.I.L. shore house and noticed a burning smell.

Looked up and saw the cable line casing sparking and burning.  Fire and power co came out.  Big problem inside power meter which carried the charge down the ground line Comcast attached to the meter box. Siding melted a little too.

At least it happened while I was right there rather than several hours later when everyone's asleep.  Then no one would ever be signing for my CGC box...

Glad you and yours were safe!