• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tales of Suspense #56 - I got screwed, right?
1 1

45 posts in this topic

Just now, WPPJames said:

Wow. Apparently the word "insufficiently_thoughtful_person" gets automatically "corrected" to insufficiently_thoughtful_person. I can't even call myself an insufficiently_thoughtful_person I guess. That's OK. I have a wife for that.

This is getting funnier. "insufficiently_thoughtful_person" was supposed to say i*d*i*o*t. I'm so confused.

11 hours ago, WPPJames said:

Lots of differing opinions on this. Perhaps depending on whether you are more of a buyer or a seller? And the seller did offer to accept the return, but not cover the shipping cost. So I could have returned it. And probably a lot of people will say I'm an insufficiently_thoughtful_person for not doing so. But as I stated before, I'd prefer to offer it back up via auction and hope someone feels like they received a good deal than get $6 back after return shipping. I mean, regardless of whether I got a fair price at the actual grade, that's not the grade I wanted. But, as they say, opinions are like a**holes. Everybody has one.

That said, I did still feel guilty about the negative feedback. So I sent this to the seller earlier this evening:

===============
I personally still feel your listing was misleading. At best. But I posted this question on a comic forum and opinions were split. Much like my comic book spine. Anyway, I've never left negative feedback before and I don't want to be the one responsible for ruining your 100% positive feedback.

"When a buyer posts negative Feedback accidentally, you can ask them to change it using the Request Feedback Revision page. If there is no response from the buyer, you can go to the Report Feedback page and explain the situation directly to eBay so they can handle the negative Feedback removal."

If you'd like to do the above I'll remove the negative feedback.
===============

So...

Why are you being so wishy washy on this?  You’re basically going out of your way to roll over for a lousy seller.

On 8/13/2019 at 7:12 PM, Callaway29 said:

Send it back. You're not out of line to be disappointed, and you're underestimating your position. YOU have the upper hand being the buyer on ebay, not the seller... Make him feel the inconvenience, maybe he/she won't grossly over grade next time... Who am I kidding, yes they will...

I agree, send it back!

The item was "not as described".  He said "small spine split at the bottom", and it turned out to be a large spine split.  Just send it back and never buy from this seller again.

23 hours ago, WPPJames said:

I had a CGC submission come back a long time ago with notes referencing fingerprints. So...

That said, I don't typically put on gloves to handle every comic I touch. Maybe I should. But then my hands would be all wrinkly and clammy like my grandmother's B|

Im guessing this was on a modern as I had one like that too but it was from a CGC SS and suspect the fingerprint was from the artist signing the book and handing back to me as the fingerprint is definitely different from mine. usually if you wash your hands I can't see fingerprints becoming a problem I am guessing the artist ate some food or was really sweaty and left that mark behind for my book. I am guessing might of been a similar situation for you.