• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this CGC actually a 9.8?

8 posts in this topic

Hey there ^_^

I'm curious as at the back of the comic it looks as if there's some wear; but my question is whether this still constitutes as a 9.8 grade? Or is it simply the glare? All comments are welcomed ~

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by Bart Allen

The quality of the pictures aren't great but there looks to be some slight rounding on the top left corner on the back.  Also, on the bottom of the back cover, not sure if that's the back page protruding out or damage to the back cover.  CGC certification shows it to be a 9.8.

https://www.cgccomics.com/grading/verify-cgc-comic.aspx?cgc-comic-cert=0809536004&grader-notes=yes

Edited by sagekilz

if your talking about the BC on the edge where it looks rough. I believe from what I have seen before that could be dull cutting blades from manufacturing cutting/trimming so I think it would still qualify as a 9.8 as its a manufacturers defect and that means it just wont ever be a 9.9 or 10 

16 hours ago, sagekilz said:

The quality of the pictures aren't great but there looks to be some slight rounding on the top left corner on the back.  Also, on the bottom of the back cover, not sure if that's the back page protruding out or damage to the back cover.  CGC certification shows it to be a 9.8.

https://www.cgccomics.com/grading/verify-cgc-comic.aspx?cgc-comic-cert=0809536004&grader-notes=yes

Yeah, the seller said its the back page protruding out ~

15 hours ago, Krishosein said:

if your talking about the BC on the edge where it looks rough. I believe from what I have seen before that could be dull cutting blades from manufacturing cutting/trimming so I think it would still qualify as a 9.8 as its a manufacturers defect and that means it just wont ever be a 9.9 or 10 

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by Bart Allen

31 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Yeah, looks like a manufacturing defect, which simply disqualifies it from getting a Mint/Gem grade.

But given that the case is from 2007, what would happen if I were to resubmit it - as in getting an additional signature and then a press? Would the comic still get an 9.8?

1 minute ago, Bart Allen said:

But given that the case is from 2007, what would happen if I were to resubmit it - as in getting an additional signature and then a press? Would the comic still get an 9.8?

Not sure why you would press it, but my educated guess says that it'd remain a 9.8 as long as it's not mishandled during the additional signature process.

18 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Not sure why you would press it, but my educated guess says that it'd remain a 9.8 as long as it's not mishandled during the additional signature process.

This. it should stay the same unless it gets additional damage why getting signed or in shipping.