Pressing and cleaning graded comics
2 2

7 posts in this topic

5 posts

Hi, I'm curious if anyone has turned in their graded book to get pressed and cleaned and if so, how much did it get better? 

1,028 posts

it really depends on the damage your trying to correct on the book but from most accounts a press and clean generally only gives a 0.5 to 1.0 grade bump. 

its all varies by each situation and comic

18,874 posts

if there's a specific book YOU have in mind, there's some subforums on these boards where you can post pictures and ask for opinions.  Graders notes might help too.

Dig around a bit.

Or ask a more specific question for more specific help

56 posts

I had an Iron Man 55 that was graded 9.0.  It was resubmitted after a press and clean, came back 9.4.  So I know it is worth it for some books for sure (just depends on the defects).

5 posts

Thanks for the info everyone. To be more specific, I have a 7.0 new mutants 98 that is dirty and has some bumps

1,028 posts
8 hours ago, Jamie67 said:

Thanks for the info everyone. To be more specific, I have a 7.0 new mutants 98 that is dirty and has some bumps

I would post the book with lots of pics front back and inside maybe some zoomed in pics on the "bumps" bends I assume, in the Hey buddy can you spare a grade and post it as PGM _____