• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What to do when you receive a CGC 9.8 really isn't a 9.8?
1 1

194 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

o.O

So...?

Guess what that means: Those Mint-graded copies don't have "brutal cuts".

2/14,000 ASM 361s are Mint. :roflmao:

Must be expensive books

I wonder what their value would be if you cracked it out of that hunk of worthless plastic that CGC puts it in

This thread started as a this isnt a 9.8 and became a why cant I get the 9.9s I want!  lol 

On 8/13/2019 at 2:41 PM, Xenosmilus said:

As the title says I just received a CGC 9.8 graded book that is defiantly not a 9.8. Now I'm still a rookie when it comes to grading but this isn't even close. There is a very obvious spine break that breaks color that stood out as soon as I unpacked it. I have no idea how CGC grade it as a 9.8. Unfortunately I tried taking a photo to post here but you can't see it.  Even with a scan I don't think you'd be able to see it. When it's angled slightly and the light hits it, it's like WHOOMP THERE IT IS!  They do have a return policy but shouldn't you disclose the fault before you sell don't you think?

Image result for jim cramer sell sell sell gif