• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mystery Box

106 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Krishosein said:

but I buy them for the fun and gamble of trying for a big prize... yes I buy a lotto ticket with the office and personally when I remember. Go big or Go HOME.. lol 

is it weird to keep the mystery boxes if they have a cool graphic I got a Marvel one, Dr. Who and Mario Block one? Rest I tossed.

Oookay.

7 hours ago, HeyMoe said:

So I opened the box, and to say it was a mixed bag would be an understatement.

Firstly, there were seven comics in the box. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? That's up to you.
Overall... I'd keep the 'Marvel Super Heroes' and the 'Marvel Tales'. The rest ...meh

Here is what was in the box:

Marvel Super Heroes #1 (VG).
Marvel Tales #30 (VG).
Daredevil #20 (VG).
Superman  #268 (VF).
House of Mystery #191 (G-. Rat-chew?)
Ms Tree #43 (VF/NM)
American Flagg #12 (NM)

IMAG0581[1].jpg

Thanks for sharing! It was better than I thought!

I thought you were going to get a title with the word Blood in it for sure!

Just now, NoMan said:

there's "Mystery Boxes" all over downtown Los Angeles, especially east of Los Angeles Street. You really, really got to be brave to peel back the card board lid and peer inside. 

Our next trip to the US is to fly to Los Angeles, and drive up the west coast into Canada. 
I will definitely remember to "peel back the card board lid". Sounds like a euphemism for something, but what the hell!

6 minutes ago, comics4all said:

Thanks for sharing! It was better than I thought!

I thought you were going to get a title with the word Blood in it for sure!

They don't want to give people complete drek or they would complain and ask for returns.  This way they can clear out $30 worth of hard to move product for $50 and it only cost them the packing and label time.

Edited by 1Cool

1 minute ago, HeyMoe said:

Our next trip to the US is to fly to Los Angeles, and drive up the west coast into Canada. 
I will definitely remember to "peel back the card board lid". Sounds like a euphemism for something, but what the hell!

might want to wear some gloves when peeling back said mystery box in LA

1 hour ago, HeyMoe said:

Los Angeles is the most amazing place on earth and I would never live anywhere else (Except maybe Pomuch, Mexico in the Yucatan where, when you die, they bury you for one year and after one year dig you up and lay you atop your grave in the cemetery, your corpse just laying there. It really is full on weird) Regardless, in LA  use common sense, be safe and have fun! Lots of good people here

Edited by NoMan

53 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

They don't want to give people complete drek or they would complain and ask for returns.  This way they can clear out $30 worth of hard to move product for $50 and it only cost them the packing and label time.

Does Vince personally package these with maniacal laughter?!

comic10n-1-web.jpg

1 hour ago, HeyMoe said:

Drive up Highway 1 from LA to Canada if you have time. Takes a while but one of the most beautiful drives in the world. 

1 hour ago, NoMan said:

Los Angeles is the most amazing place on earth and I would never live anywhere else (Except maybe Pomuch, Mexico in the Yucatan where, when you die, they bury you for one year and after one year dig you up and lay you atop your grave in the cemetery, your corpse just laying there. It really is full on weird) Regardless, in LA  use common sense, be safe and have fun! Lots of good people here

I second that!

6 hours ago, 10cents said:

Honestly better than I expected. :frown:

Much better than some I've seen on YouTube, which were just drek moderns, a few with non-sequential issues of the same title.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 6:17 AM, miraclemet said:

The only person who really ends up winning is the mystery box seller. 

and predictably, that part of the equation isn't much of a mystery at all, which becomes abundantly clear to the buyer as soon as he opens it.

7 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Which is why before any serious deliberation is made about whether or not to buy a mystery box, one should remember the main reason why dealers put together mystery boxes. Hint: to unload dreck that they haven't been able to unload in one lifetime and probably wouldn't be able to even if given a second lifetime to do so.  

12 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Pics or it has never happened.

never happened to me … but I keep hope alive like a true gambler with a problem lol ... damn mystery boxes..