• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have grader notes, is it possible to get upgraded to 9.8?
1 1

11 posts in this topic

I have a 9.6 old CGC label graded from 2001. I purchased the grader notes and I am wondering if it is possible to get a 9.8 considering the notes below:

Right Center Front Cover Small Lite Wear
Right Top Front Cover Small Lite Finger Bends
Spine Small Lite Multiple Stress Lines
Top Back Cover Small Lite Wear

Thanks in advance!

On 8/14/2019 at 9:57 AM, tommy1292 said:

I will get some and forward it to you. The stress lines wont come out if it gets pressed?

If they break color, no. The stress will go away, but the evidence of the stress will not.

I think it has a chance for a 9.8 but there's two stressed I can see that break colour so not sure if that would keep it at a 9.6 but its a gamble either way. 

I personally say leave it as a 9.6 and save money.

That said if you have extra money and are willing to take the risk, send it in. Crack press sub, over and over until you get the 9.8. More than double the value if you get it.

1 hour ago, Artboy99 said:

I personally say leave it as a 9.6 and save money.

That said if you have extra money and are willing to take the risk, send it in. Crack press sub, over and over until you get the 9.8. More than double the value if you get it.

maybe on those resubs attach a few hundo's or some lunch coupons... lol

On 8/16/2019 at 10:49 AM, tommy1292 said:

Thanks for all the responses! Okay, uploaded all the pictures. Seller wants 15k for it. My ultimate goal is to crack it and get it pressed & cleaned to try and get that 9.8!

You said you have the book - then 'the seller wants 15K' 

Which is it?

Book was sold for 13,400 july 31 by ebay "seller" midbloom2001 

I put "seller" in quotes - the ebay user has no other sales for the part 12 months..... 

Book is currently listed for sale by  nekobooks (ebay) 

Book was also sold by nekobooks on 8-19    seller received positive feedback for the sale

The images you posted were from the July 31st sale

What gives?