• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman #14 and Supergirl #33 -- whatcha' Hearing?
1 1

38 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, showcase4 said:

on more than 1/2 of my eBay BIN / PayPal paid auction purchases from last night... received this ( or something like this ) about 30 minutes after paying...…….

cancellation/refund notice 

image.png.f0bacec7496b307785ad3232345d79eb.png

You were willing to pay $104?

16 hours ago, OtherEric said:

I want them as Legion appearances in any case.

Great writing in Superman #14 where the LSH travels back in time to meet the House of El. Good art too. I assume the initial print run on Supergirl #33 was lower than Superman #14?

5nMGexR.jpg

Lots of doubters on here. Firstly, these recalls are all rare, which plays a factor into calculating value. Only the east coast USA got these issues. So, yes, they are rare. The values won't drop either, because of not only rarity, but because it's also a Superman comic. Supergirl may drop a little...Not much if so. In fact, none of my local/state shops got them. I know everyone, and I even pre-ordered. I got lucky, because I was on Ebay the first day, and got 3 copies. My question is, will CGC take them?

On 8/15/2019 at 8:50 PM, I like pie said:

Spend your money as you wish but these are $5 books in a year.

Not sure about that. The recalled (beer) error cover on Action Comics #869 is raw Overstreet nm $85. The replacement copies basically had the same front cover but changed what Clark Kent/Superman was drinking to be labelled 'soda pop.'

11 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

Not sure about that. The recalled (beer) error cover on Action Comics #869 is raw Overstreet nm $85. The replacement copies basically had the same front cover but changed what Clark Kent/Superman was drinking to be labelled 'soda pop.'

Recalls are always hard to gauge. Some keep their value whilst others, like the Luthor cover tank. I think these might do well as they have Superman and Supergirl on the cover (I'm a big Supergirl fan so I know I'd pony up for a recalled Supergirl issue). Batman Damned has held a pretty decent value so I can see this doing the same.

I managed to get these at a decent price before they shot up so I'm hoping they come in decent enough shape to get slabbed and go in the collection.