• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman #14 and Supergirl #33 -- whatcha' Hearing?
1 1

38 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

honestly, that error variant is cooler

You would think people would learn from recent past experiences. Well people that buy this stuff at inflated prices are what helps us all make a quick buck so I welcome them all. Let’s sell some “fake DC hype books”...AND GO!

On 8/18/2019 at 6:28 AM, Jitstark said:

Recalls are always hard to gauge. Some keep their value whilst others, like the Luthor cover tank. I think these might do well as they have Superman and Supergirl on the cover (I'm a big Supergirl fan so I know I'd pony up for a recalled Supergirl issue). Batman Damned has held a pretty decent value so I can see this doing the same.

I managed to get these at a decent price before they shot up so I'm hoping they come in decent enough shape to get slabbed and go in the collection.

Batman Damned was never recalled.

On 8/17/2019 at 6:06 PM, Martian Manhunter said:

Lots of doubters on here. Firstly, these recalls are all rare, which plays a factor into calculating value. Only the east coast USA got these issues. So, yes, they are rare. The values won't drop either, because of not only rarity, but because it's also a Superman comic. Supergirl may drop a little...Not much if so. In fact, none of my local/state shops got them. I know everyone, and I even pre-ordered. I got lucky, because I was on Ebay the first day, and got 3 copies. My question is, will CGC take them?

That's not true.

18 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Batman Damned was never recalled.

That's not true.

True, but I'd say there's a parallel with it in the fact it never got second print run, the collected edition coming out will be censored and all digital copies then were censored.

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

Nice, looks like you missed a couple of the more recent ones though. The last being $110.

1.jpg

well,,,,,,I sure am glad out of these 4, my sale was the $175.50 ^^         :tink: to you, all wise ygogolak !gogolak

Edited by showcase4

15 hours ago, showcase4 said:

well,,,,,,I sure am glad out of these 4, my sale was the $175.50 ^^         :tink: to you, all wise ygogolak !gogolak

So that was your sale? You didn’t say that. Congratulations on your outlier. You said you paid $104 and I pointed out the last sale was $110. So yes, I’m the all-knowing person that knows how to use the sold function on eBay.

35 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

So that was your sale? You didn’t say that. Congratulations on your outlier. You said you paid $104 and I pointed out the last sale was $110. So yes, I’m the all-knowing person that knows how to use the sold function on eBay.

Funny - I had to Google “outlier”  / never know what you’ll learn on these here Boards! :idea:

On 8/24/2019 at 6:56 AM, showcase4 said:
On 8/24/2019 at 6:19 AM, ygogolak said:

Funny - I had to Google “outlier”  / never know what you’ll learn on these here Boards! :idea:

Still waiting for Obadiah Oldbuck to overtake Action 1 :popcorn:

Both my nearest LCS's said they did not receive their copies to destroy in the first place. They hope to have the replacements soon, but they had no word on when they'd be shipped out. I'm a Legion of Super-heroes nerd, so this fiasco has hit me in the feels. I wanna start a new volume of LSH! I can't get enough of a 4th, 5th, 6th reboot with only slight changes from volume to volume! I may have to resort to taking a cover from an old LSH and putting it on a random New Warriors issue from the 90's and just pretending.

15 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

New rumors I've been hearing is that the skin tone of a character was off in one of the books. I had heard this when the recall was first announced as well. Now there appears to be proof if you have both copies.

rumors ?

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/08/28/skin-colour-changes-original-reprinted-superman-3/

So they made Lightning Lad black and then got cold feet, or they only made him in black in one of the comics, so they had to scrub the whole idea? Being a huge LSH fan, I don't care what his race is as long as their ongoing title lasts longer that 20-something issues!