• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archie Cover Hype
2 2

4 posts in this topic

This isn't new by any means, but I didn't see anything about it in a search. I wasn't aware just how many Archie comic covers are just a little beyond PG-13! So what determines which risque cover takes off? I've noticed Dan DeCarlo did covers for some and ebayers like to point out he did the cover in their pitches, but not all come from him. When Veronica's diving cover hit CBSI's top 10, it seemed like everyone was finding the next bikini cover and there are tons of innuendo covers to be sure! Some of these issues are seeing all-time highs (Betty's Treasure Chest issue, anyone?). Tell you what, I found this one last week.

Image result for archie comics peppermint

As a kid, this would have went right over my head. I found several with just a quick search. How about you find your favorite and post it here?

And... Someone do whatever it is that gets done to make this the next popular cover!  I'd love to make a few bucks off of it! Hype train get to rolling! :flipbait:

We have to be careful about viewing innocent phrases through the prism of modern language. There’s the famous Joker story where he talks about “boners.” In the 40s, a boner was just a gaffe, a mistake, but in modern slang it’s meaning is quite different. There was no innuendo by the writer. I dunno what year that cover is but I’m fairly sure using “sandwich” as sexual slang is a pretty new phenomenon.

Now the bondage scenes and the infamous “headlights” covers, those guys knew exactly what they were doing :whistle: