• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Storing Art
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I'm sure this has been a topic a million times, so apologies for any redundancy. I wanted to share my planned storage method for my collection to get some thoughts.

My plan is to store any of my unframed art in mylar sleeves with archival backing boards in an Itoya 13" x 19" profolio.

I was initially just planning to store the pieces in the portfolio, but didn't realize till I got it how easily the art can shift around in it. I feel like the mylars and boards provide exactly enough stability and support. I'm buying the mylars and boards from Anthony Snyder's shop. See example on the Gorr piece from Thor: God of Thunder.

My primary worry with this storage method is whether it risks removing any graphite or ink from the pieces due to too much surface contact. I have two Thor: God of Thunder pieces with a fair bit of graphite and a few really heavily inked pieces (see attached CGR Zaffino piece). I suspect this really isn't something I should be worried about, but I wanted to confirm with y'all.

Anything else I may be missing?

Thanks in advance!

Thor God of Thunder #5, Page 3 far.jpg

IMG_1023.jpg