• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-MEN 1 jim lee&stan lee double signed with a stan lee red label

8 posts in this topic

got a slab,X-men 1(1991,jim lee),with double signed from jim lee and stan lee,8.5.but it has a stan lee red label!I never saw a X-men 1 slab with a stan lee red label before.if it's rare,then it must be more valuable.anyone who have saw one(x-men 1) with a label like this?I'm excited.

s-l1600 (3).jpg

No offense, but the label itself is irrelevant to the value of the book.  A quick eBay search shows that the label appears to be only for books from Excelsior Collectibles who used to be Stan's handler's.  I think they might have been the ones who were handling him when that whole debacle about him signing illegible signatures was going on.  People started to get upset because they felt he was being taken advantage of because his eye sight was so poor, his energy low, and he just seemed to be signing far longer than he should have.  In all honesty, the value of that book should be based on the fact that it's a CGC SS 8.5 signed by Stan and Jim.  Everything else is irrelevant.  An arbitrary label provided by CGC is nothing more than a gimmick.

33 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

No offense, but the label itself is irrelevant to the value of the book.  A quick eBay search shows that the label appears to be only for books from Excelsior Collectibles who used to be Stan's handler's.  I think they might have been the ones who were handling him when that whole debacle about him signing illegible signatures was going on.  People started to get upset because they felt he was being taken advantage of because his eye sight was so poor, his energy low, and he just seemed to be signing far longer than he should have.  In all honesty, the value of that book should be based on the fact that it's a CGC SS 8.5 signed by Stan and Jim.  Everything else is irrelevant.  An arbitrary label provided by CGC is nothing more than a gimmick.

but this one is not the sliver one...the red one is stan lee collection’s exclusive label ,and provided through them.I don't know how to get this label,they say if you want a sliver one,just pay 5 bucks can make it happen on any stan lee signed comic.but the red one,how is it "exclusive"?a higher price?or limited?if it's limited,then maybe it's not so irrelevant.

3 hours ago, joker man said:

but this one is not the sliver one...the red one is stan lee collection’s exclusive label ,and provided through them.I don't know how to get this label,they say if you want a sliver one,just pay 5 bucks can make it happen on any stan lee signed comic.but the red one,how is it "exclusive"?a higher price?or limited?if it's limited,then maybe it's not so irrelevant.

He answered your question, and the label in question has no added value. 

Search function is a hell of a thing. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

8 hours ago, joker man said:

If it was actually part of Stan Lee's collection, it would say on the label "From the collection of Stan Lee".  Do a search of Excelsior Collectibles, I remember there was a thread about some of their shady business behaviors so it wouldn't surprise me if they're marketing an "Exclusive Red Label" and then trying to add a premium to it.