• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mad Comics Collection Bound in Volumes

8 posts in this topic

Hi out there, just wondering if anybody has a feeling for what the value would be for a collection of Mad comics/magazine from 1-250. The books are VF but of course trimmed on the left and bound into volumes. How can one determine a fair value for this kind of collection? Any advise about fair market value would be appreciated before I make an offer. Thanks so much. Spacebulb

$_57(1).JPG

$_57(2).JPG

$_57(3).JPG

$_57(4).JPG

$_57(5).JPG

I wonder if they have less value because they are trimmed and bound in a HC book or was this a thing for Mad Magazine?

On 8/16/2019 at 9:12 PM, Krismusic said:

I wonder if they have less value because they are trimmed and bound in a HC book or was this a thing for Mad Magazine?

On 8/16/2019 at 8:47 PM, Gotham Kid said:

You should contact Heritage. It would fit perfectly in their upcoming MAD auction

Capture.JPG.7d40bd80d4c7ed81046d63a4870ba53e.JPG

https://comics.ha.com/c/search-results.zx?N=52+792+4294942810&ic=Items-OpenAuctions-ComingSoon-BrowseCatalog-051914

Yes I see that now, but I am waiting to acquire these myself, and have yet to make a deal, as I don't know what the value should be, and can't really get a good lead on what makes sense to offer--but it seems like it will have to be a couple thousand dollars which seems heavy...

There is a cool thread on bound volumes here: https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/450836-it-was-bound-to-happen-show-us-your-bound-volumes-and-books-removed-from-them/

That thread includes some ideas about value, sounds like an auction would be your best bet because they are so hard to value but they are super cool and plenty of people love them.  

I think thise things are incredible.