• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Declared value on AKIRA 38 to CGC

5 posts in this topic

Ok, I am planning oon sending in a few books pretty soon but, I have a question. How does the declared value work when filling out the sumbission form? Is it sold prices of a raw book in similar condition or a graded book in similar condition?  My copy of AKIRA 38 should be a shoe in for a 9.8, it looks as if it hasn't even been touched. So how much do I declare it's worth? 

Some sales of raw books on the bay hover around the $200 mark, graded can get a good bit higher. I just want to make sure I fill the form out correctly so there are no issues. I apologize if it is a dumb question. Thanks for any advice!

I've read that this value if its grossly wrong according to CGC they would correct it and put the book in the correct tier. Also this value comes to use if they need to fill a claim such as the book is damaged or lost, etc.. they would refund you the declared amount. kind of like when your shopping for insurance. if you declare a value and make a claim you get the declared value. 

Hope that helps you out when pricing the declared value.