• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI show (TBD)
9 9

547 posts in this topic

The Jedi Order is once again calling Ewan McGregor into service.

McGregor, who famously portrayed the masterful Jedi Knight in three Star Wars movies, is in negotiations to reprise the role in a Kenobi-centered series for Disney+, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

The development makes the series a third Star Wars title being made Disney+, which launches this fall and is meant to take aim a rival digital services such as Netflix while taking Disney and its brands into new audience  realms.

Disney+ and Lucasfilm, the producer behind all things Star Wars, are already making The Mandalorian, based on the class of warriors and bounty hunters first embodied by fan-favorite Boba Fett, and an untitled series characterized as a prequel to 2016's Rogue Onefeaturing Rebel Alliance officer Cassian Andor, with Diego Luna reprising the role.

Edited by Bosco685

This fan art is from a few years ago and was the first thing that came to mind. Can’t wait  

781B68E1-82BA-48D5-B2AF-D568FA233DDD.thumb.jpeg.921168ed236716f9f84f0ef09fc7c05f.jpeg

Lots of possibilities and storylines they can explore. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

This seems pretty sweet, albeit not for a Disney Plus sub, mind, but hopefully we can watch pre New Hope Obi-Wan's life as an exile/guardian on Tatooine! Marc Bernardin on the Fatman Beyond podcast with Kevin Smith also said it'd be pretty nice to see a Lone Wolf and Cub take on it as well, which I'd kind of have to concur with as well.

The comic books for him Disney did back in 2015 were decent enough, kind of sucks that they can't tap into any of that sweet Legends canon.

With the Disney+ Kenobi series fast approaching, details and visuals are beginning to emerge. One detail I’m particularly pleased about is the return of a classic George Lucas created character.  The new series honors Kenobi’s character and the prequel era is not forgotten. The Debrah Chow directed series will deal with who Obi-Wan is and who he was.

I’m told “Ben” Kenobi crosses paths with his old friend from Naboo, Jar Jar Binks. Early work has been conducted for the CGI Gungan’s return to Star Wars. Jar Jar has a beard to reflect where he’s been and what his life has been like since they were all deceived by a great lie that ushered in the first Galactic Empire. Kenobi will not be the only bearded character this time.

Because the series hasn’t filmed yet, I’m treating this as a rumor. That said, I believe it to be accurate and on the way.

I’m told there is a sequence where the bearded Jar Jar Binks and Obi-Wan talk about the past. There will be Jedi/Gungan beard time coming soon to the series.

It isn’t confirmed that Ahmed Best is returning as Jar Jar Binks. I’m assuming and hoping he is. Best has really opened up about his struggles with depression and suicide in the aftermath of the media backlash he was forced to endure by the media and the worst fans. Best voiced Jar Jar in all but one episode of Star Wars: The Clone Wars and it wasn’t the same without Best.

The last canon appearance I can recall was from the Aftermath book series. In the post-Return of the Jedi era, Binks is a clown for orphaned Naboo children. With that in mind, we shouldn’t expect his death in the series and it even opens up the possibility he could show up in a series like The Mandalorian, but that’s conjecture on my part.

:whatthe:

Despite the rumors that have circulated the past day regarding the ‘Obi-Wan Kenobi’ Disney+ series being cancelled and then not being cancelled, we have learned that costume designer Suttirat Anne Larlarb has joined the crew for the ‘Obi Wan Kenobi’ series.

Suttirat Anne Larlarb is known for being the costume designer on TV shows such as FX’s ‘Trust’ and Starz’ ‘American Gods’. She has also worked on the costume design for films such as ‘Slumdog Millionaire’, ‘The American’, ‘127 Hours’, ‘Trance’, ‘The Walk’, ‘Steve Jobs’ and ‘Gemini Man’. She has recently worked as costume designer on Daniel Craig’s final film as James Bond, ‘No Time To Die’.

The Disney+ ‘Obi Wan Kenobi’ series focuses on Ewan McGregor’s Obi Wan following the events of ‘Revenge of Sith’ where Obi-Wan is living in isolation on Tatootine whilst watching over a young Luke Skywalker. Lucasfilm are also said to be currently casting for a young Luke Skywalker for the series.

Deborah Chow (‘The Mandalorian’) will direct all 6 episodes and Hossein Amini (‘Drive’) is set to write the series. Kathleen Kennedy, Tracey Seaward and John Swartz will executive produce.

On 8/24/2019 at 8:31 PM, awakeintheashes said:

This fan art is from a few years ago and was the first thing that came to mind. Can’t wait  

781B68E1-82BA-48D5-B2AF-D568FA233DDD.thumb.jpeg.921168ed236716f9f84f0ef09fc7c05f.jpeg

Lots of possibilities and storylines they can explore. 

Wow, fanart is getting just spectacular these days.

Just now, Oddball said:

Yup, my kids are doing things like that with Procreate on their IPads.

lol I am old, this stuff simply amazes me, I think it's fantastic that people have the ability to do things like this. All I ever had was pencils, crayons and pencil crayons. I was never any good at it, but it's great to see technology being used this way, basically limitless potential