• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI show (TBD)
9 9

547 posts in this topic

So after watching Loki, i suddenly had a thought.  Cate Blanchett would obviously be my first choice for Satine (in a flashback), and Anna Graves (the voice actress in Clone Wars) would be my second.  But if not those two, then Sophie di Martino would be next on my list.

(I'm also torn if Cate Blanchett would be better as Satine or Governor Pryce (Rebels)).

F9's Sung Kang's role in the upcoming Obi-Wan Kenobi series on Disney+ may be revealed, with the actor reportedly playing an Inquisitor. Kang, who has played Han in multiple installments of the Fast & Furious series, was part of the original casting announcement back in March. The same announcement also revealed that Ewan McGregor was reprising his role as Obi-Wan, alongside Hayden Christensen as Darth Vader, as well as Joel Edgerton and Bonnie Piesse returning as Luke Skywalker's Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru. The series will also include a number of new faces, including Indira Varma, Rupert Friend, Kumail Nanjiani.

Very little is currently known about the upcoming series aside from that it will be set ten years after Revenge of the Sith and pick up with Obi-Wan watching over a young Luke before he is called away on an adventure. Recent reports claim that Bird Box's Vivien Lyra Blair has been cast as a young Leia in the series. Moreover, she will reportedly be fundamental in driving Obi-Wan to come out of self-inflicted exile once more; what exactly that entails is still up in the air however.

On 9/13/2021 at 1:57 AM, Dr. Dank said:

Now hear it's 4 episodes. 

And that he's going to be fighting Vader, which is actually a giant disappointment 

Smells like pandering 

Not to worry. Though there were rumors it was four episodes, it turned out it is six.

THR: Ewan McGregor on Reviving Obi-Wan (April 2021)

All six episodes of Obi-Wan Kenobi will be penned by Joby Harold (2017’s King Arthur: Legend of the Sword) and helmed by Deborah Chow, a Canadian who directed two episodes of Mandalorian. And it has already been announced — to much fan delirium — that the first season will feature the return of Hayden Christensen as young Darth Vader.

Now how the story comes across and the logic of young Vader's involvement is TBD. But supposedly this has been in the works before Solo bombed. Leading to the streaming show instead.

On 2/8/2022 at 6:42 PM, Bosco685 said:

Awesome news. He’s a great actor, and I really enjoyed that character in Rebels. Hopefully, this will provide some backstory on the origins of their employ with Vader and Papa Palps. We didn’t really get that in Rebels. It wasn’t really needed, though.