• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The original Rudolph and Santa screen used puppets from Rudolph the red nosed. reindeer 1964, with Action comics # 1

15 posts in this topic

They were appraised by Profiles in History ( the premier Hollywood prop appraisers) in 2011 for 200K on national television. 

You can see the episode on the Internet .

The show is Hollywood treasures . Episode 11- chasing Rudolph. It highlights the puppets, my Action 1 and the 1966 Batmobile 

1 hour ago, telerites said:

What did you appraised?  Or are/were you an appraiser?

I was the guest.  I had a couple of woodblock prints.  It was fun.  And the market has exploded on the prints, so I'd love to see them re-appraised on their "vintage" episodes which tell you whether the items have gone up or down.  I bought the prints for $600 each, they appraised for $2,500 each, and they now sell for $25K+ each.  However, to fund the purchase of the prints I sold the original art for p. 2 of X-Men 125 (which I'd bought for $60 from Comics & Comix in the early 80s and sold for $1,600 - which I regret).  Worked out ok as I'm still way ahead of where I'd be if I'd kept the Byrne page..

Edited by sfcityduck

On 10/25/2020 at 4:10 PM, batman_fan said:

It will be very interesting to see how high they go.  Two of the main figures from one of the most beloved Christmas shows of all time.

Sold for $368,000 this past Friday Nov. 13th

Story:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/movies/2020/11/15/christmas-special-rudolph-figures-auction-368-000/6302519002/

6 hours ago, DanCooper said:

Thanks for posting.  I have no idea where they should have landed but I guess I feel like it was a little low given how significant these figures are in American history.

2 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

Thanks for posting.  I have no idea where they should have landed but I guess I feel like it was a little low given how significant these figures are in American history.

Better than estimated but yeah half a mil sounds good. Should be in a museum somewhere