• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Could Stark Technology keep up with Spider-Agility?

16 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, spideyfan76 said:
32 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Armour, would it speed him up, or slow him down? hm

The nano tech would help Spidey, actual armor would definitely slow him down.

Would his spider-agility speed up the armour?  By how much?

And what happened to his spider-sense?(shrug)

I wondered if the armour might make him less agile, be a bit restrictive, if it can’t keep up with the speed of his motor responses.  Also, the thicker, fuller armour might create an environmental barrier that interferes with his spider-sense and makes him less responsive that way as well.

Better physical protection, but taking the edge off his arachnid abilities.

Edited by Ken Aldred

6 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

I wondered if the armour might make him less agile, be a bit restrictive, if it can’t keep up with the speed of his motor responses.  Also, the thicker, fuller armour might create an environmental barrier that interferes with his spider-sense and makes him less responsive that way as well.

What about the armour,I just read this,when Stark came back from his vegetative state and did battle with Detroit Steel/Hammer?It was part of his physical make up,and stored in his bones I believe?I'm a bit behind,so if it's been written out,forgive me.Or would Spidey need to undergo an implant to utilize this?Anyhow,my mind was blown.I mean Stark had wires growing in his LUNGS! 

6 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

What about the armour,I just read this,when Stark came back from his vegetative state and did battle with Detroit Steel/Hammer?It was part of his physical make up,and stored in his bones I believe?I'm a bit behind,so if it's been written out,forgive me.Or would Spidey need to undergo an implant to utilize this?Anyhow,my mind was blown.I mean Stark had wires growing in his LUNGS! 

It did go all nanotech, around the time Warren Ellis was writing Extremis, IIRC.

Just wondering if thicker, plate-like armour would interfere with his sensory abilities?  The Civil War Spider Armour looked thinner, almost foil-like in comparison, and less occlusive.

Edited by Ken Aldred

7 hours ago, porcupine48 said:
7 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

WTF???? Was I suddenly transported into an alternate universe?

5 hours ago, Jeffro™ said:

WTF???? Was I suddenly transported into an alternate universe?

No.

It’s just that when I go into comics nerd mode, I go full nerd, as inadvisable as that is.

Wut Spidey needs is retractable claws.  Among other things he could snip his webbing when he needs to cut someone loose.

On 8/17/2019 at 2:02 PM, Ken Aldred said:

No.

It’s just that when I go into comics nerd mode, I go full nerd, as inadvisable as that is.

Nothing wrong with that friend.

Edited because it seems I missed a post.

Edited by porcupine48