• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grade is in: WOW... Durango Kid 2

15 posts in this topic

OK, I know this is not a comic that's in demand or "key" in any way, but it's old and it's simply so nice that I thought I'd get some opinions.

The "flaw" is that it's miscropped (do they take off for that in grading?)  This is a gorgeous comic.

It also has a super light name stamp on the front.

What do you think?

1.jpg

2.jpg

Edited by gadzukes

You r correct sir, that is a sharp book for a golden age. I am by no means an expert but I will guess an 8-8.5, leaning to the 8.5 because of the stamp( which is very light) and the wrap. I am sure others, more educated will weigh in on this but...:takeit:  .

On 8/17/2019 at 8:04 PM, Dino-Mutt said:

8.5 because of the stamp( which is very light) and the wrap.

I don't think they down grade when it's mis-cropped/mis-aligned.  It may get dropped for the name stamp though (although that's as nice and as subtle of a name stamp as I have ever seen).

I have a feeling it'll do better than 8.5.  I'll post the grade when it comes in.

Edited by gadzukes

3 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

I don't think they down grade when it's mis-cropped/mis-aligned.  It may get dropped for the name stamp though (although that's as nice and as subtle of a name stamp as I have ever seen).

I have a feeling it'll do better than 8.5.  I'll post the grade when it comes in.

Copies that are not perfectly centered are simply disqualified from Mint/Gem contention. Otherwise, you're correct.

10 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Copies that are not perfectly centered are simply disqualified from Mint/Gem contention. Otherwise, you're correct.

What is considered "mint/gem"?  is that 9.8, 9.9, & 10?  Or is that all the 9s?

Edited by gadzukes

Truthfully, I just compared my cover to some on ebay and mine looks cropped on the top & bottom. (trimmed?)  I don't think it's trimmed because I have bought dozens of comics from this collection and none of them have had any work done to them.  It looks to be a legitimately BAD miscrop, where the settings were wrong on the trimmer.

Grade is FINALLY in (value submissions take SOOOOO long)

It's coming back as a 9.2 Universal with WHITE pages.  Wow, nice book!  (I feared it might be trimmed, but it wasn't).

This one is tied with the Edgar Church copy for the Highest grade on the census.

On 12/26/2019 at 11:54 PM, gadzukes said:

Grade is FINALLY in (value submissions take SOOOOO long)

It's coming back as a 9.2 Universal with WHITE pages.  Wow, nice book!  (I feared it might be trimmed, but it wasn't).

This one is tied with the Edgar Church copy for the Highest grade on the census.

Bravo! Beautiful book.