ComicLink Summer Featured Auction has started
3 3

70 posts in this topic

1,071 posts

Yes, received my catalog a few days ago.

893 posts

Thanks for confirming.  Did you have to request it or subscribe online to get onto clinks catalog mailing list?

308 posts
Posted (edited)

:ph34r:

Edited by Shemp

308 posts
Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

Is there a catalog for this auction?  If so, has anyone received it yet?

Comiclink does not send out a catalogue. They send out a pamphlet that highlights a few choice pieces of original art. They do not have a catalogue that lists all the lots in their auction.

I don't know why people call what they send a catalogue. 

Edited by Shemp

42,888 posts
12 minutes ago, Shemp said:

Comiclink does not send out a catalogue. They send out a pamphlet that highlights a few choice pieces of original art. They do not have a catalogue that lists all the lots in their auction.

I don't know why people call what they send a catalogue. 

I'd wager these are the same folks that use the term "Grape Juice" for what is CLEARLY "Grape Drink". 

224 posts

I got my ComicLink "Sampler" - fun to flip through

They got the page number of the ST 42 I consigned that is in the catalog wrong but glad to see it in there

Mark

1,071 posts
On 8/21/2019 at 11:44 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Thanks for confirming.  Did you have to request it or subscribe online to get onto clinks catalog mailing list?

No, I don’t believe I’ve ever requested or signed up for it. They have my address since I’ve sold art there so I assume that’s why I get it.

893 posts
4 hours ago, Oddball said:

No, I don’t believe I’ve ever requested or signed up for it. They have my address since I’ve sold art there so I assume that’s why I get it.

Thanks for your response.  that's really interesting considering I've been buying and selling with them for over a decade and have yet to receive one of their catalogs.

588 posts
1 hour ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

Thanks for your response.  that's really interesting considering I've been buying and selling with them for over a decade and have yet to receive one of their catalogs.

I've bought a few pages. I assume that's why I get it. I don't ever remember requesting one.

1,969 posts
On 8/21/2019 at 12:47 PM, comix4fun said:

I'd wager these are the same folks that use the term "Grape Juice" for what is CLEARLY "Grape Drink". 

B8E3A535-D634-4102-AE2A-EB8B4AAA441E.jpeg

278 posts

The CLink 'Original Art Highlights' (OAH) magazine is interesting to thumb through...

The exact degree of the Cap/Zeck cover toning is certainly 'questionable'...on the OAH magazine cover, it appears to be 'moderately' toned. The cover then appears to be 'bright white' in appearance within the magazine. Finally, on the website, the cover appears to be 'extensively' toned.

Has anyone here seen the cover in person? And, can you comment on the degree of toning or discoloration of the art board?

20190825_113934.jpg

20190825_114020.jpg

RAD2D6922019725_134019.jpg

24,845 posts

I think you have to assume worst case.   I haven’t seen it.   

4,275 posts

I find that many of the pieces I consigned show up browner than what I recall when they scan it. 

Malvin 

375 posts

RAD037F12019729_144050.jpg

Thought I'd post this because it should be "he's no Sal Buscema" proof.

375 posts

1982 GL by Kane and I love it.  

RADF99852019812_132221.jpg

375 posts

Classy Marie Severin. Amazes me that with all the free border space someone had Stan Lee write his "hard to get" signature on the art. At least it's not over Subby's face.

RAD408D52019730_10583.jpg

10,922 posts
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, First Upgrade said:

The CLink 'Original Art Highlights' (OAH) magazine is interesting to thumb through...

The exact degree of the Cap/Zeck cover toning is certainly 'questionable'...on the OAH magazine cover, it appears to be 'moderately' toned. The cover then appears to be 'bright white' in appearance within the magazine. Finally, on the website, the cover appears to be 'extensively' toned.

Has anyone here seen the cover in person? And, can you comment on the degree of toning or discoloration of the art board?

Spoiler

20190825_113934.jpg

20190825_114020.jpg

RAD2D6922019725_134019.jpg

Looks like the middle pic is black&white, no color. So it appears bright-white.  The words "Captain America" written in blue ink in the bottom margin looks black in the second pic.

I'd say the color pics are more accurate, although the 3rd pic possibly makes the artboard appear darker than it really is.

Edited by Unca Ben