• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink Summer Featured Auction has started
3 3

70 posts in this topic

With all of the talk about Heritage Auctions recently, I think the start of the Clink Featured auction kind of slipped by everyone's notice.  It started Thursday, and as usual, has a few pieces of interest for me.

Here's the linky: https://comiclink.com/Auctions/allsub.asp?Focused=1&id=1398

Good luck, and happy collecting (thumbsu

51 minutes ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

Is there a catalog for this auction?  If so, has anyone received it yet?

Comiclink does not send out a catalogue. They send out a pamphlet that highlights a few choice pieces of original art. They do not have a catalogue that lists all the lots in their auction.

I don't know why people call what they send a catalogue. 

Edited by Shemp

12 minutes ago, Shemp said:

Comiclink does not send out a catalogue. They send out a pamphlet that highlights a few choice pieces of original art. They do not have a catalogue that lists all the lots in their auction.

I don't know why people call what they send a catalogue. 

I'd wager these are the same folks that use the term "Grape Juice" for what is CLEARLY "Grape Drink". 

On 8/21/2019 at 11:44 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Thanks for confirming.  Did you have to request it or subscribe online to get onto clinks catalog mailing list?

No, I don’t believe I’ve ever requested or signed up for it. They have my address since I’ve sold art there so I assume that’s why I get it.

4 hours ago, Oddball said:

No, I don’t believe I’ve ever requested or signed up for it. They have my address since I’ve sold art there so I assume that’s why I get it.

Thanks for your response.  that's really interesting considering I've been buying and selling with them for over a decade and have yet to receive one of their catalogs.

1 hour ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

Thanks for your response.  that's really interesting considering I've been buying and selling with them for over a decade and have yet to receive one of their catalogs.

I've bought a few pages. I assume that's why I get it. I don't ever remember requesting one.

The CLink 'Original Art Highlights' (OAH) magazine is interesting to thumb through...

The exact degree of the Cap/Zeck cover toning is certainly 'questionable'...on the OAH magazine cover, it appears to be 'moderately' toned. The cover then appears to be 'bright white' in appearance within the magazine. Finally, on the website, the cover appears to be 'extensively' toned.

Has anyone here seen the cover in person? And, can you comment on the degree of toning or discoloration of the art board?

20190825_113934.jpg

20190825_114020.jpg

RAD2D6922019725_134019.jpg

9 hours ago, First Upgrade said:

The CLink 'Original Art Highlights' (OAH) magazine is interesting to thumb through...

The exact degree of the Cap/Zeck cover toning is certainly 'questionable'...on the OAH magazine cover, it appears to be 'moderately' toned. The cover then appears to be 'bright white' in appearance within the magazine. Finally, on the website, the cover appears to be 'extensively' toned.

Has anyone here seen the cover in person? And, can you comment on the degree of toning or discoloration of the art board?

Spoiler

20190825_113934.jpg

20190825_114020.jpg

RAD2D6922019725_134019.jpg

Looks like the middle pic is black&white, no color. So it appears bright-white.  The words "Captain America" written in blue ink in the bottom margin looks black in the second pic.

I'd say the color pics are more accurate, although the 3rd pic possibly makes the artboard appear darker than it really is.

Edited by Unca Ben