• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink Summer Featured Auction has started
3 3

70 posts in this topic

I think ending an auction on a Tuesday is weird.

Situation was made worse by the holiday weekend. I was at work and it felt like a Monday.  It was an hour into the auction before it occurred to me that lots were ending.

6 hours ago, J.Sid said:

I think ending an auction on a Tuesday is weird.

Situation was made worse by the holiday weekend. I was at work and it felt like a Monday.  It was an hour into the auction before it occurred to me that lots were ending.

lol

Maybe it doesn't matter, people chase what they chase 24/7 but...I was thinking the same thing, lousy scheduling (for the consignors).

If nothing else CLink's rather unique throwback business model certainly gives us counterpoints every few months to how HA runs things.

Competition is good.

Last year, the original art session also ended the night after Labor Day...

And, allegedly there was a server crash somewhere that was to blame for certain 'low' final bids on 'just' a certain segment of lots, including a Dave Cockrum Marvel Fanfare cover...

...for those lots 'unfairly' impacted by the outage, bidding was extended (another 24 hrs?)...

20180904_110521.jpg

29 minutes ago, gumbydarnit said:

Maybe ComicLink should consider moving their Featured Auctions to be 2 months before Heritage's quarterly auctions. This way the major auctions would be more evenly spaced giving collectors time to replenish their war chests.

heh, I haven't kept track but does HA and clink have 4 a year? 2 months earlier just means 1 month after the previous one!

Malvin