ComicLink Summer Featured Auction has started
3 3

70 posts in this topic

1,287 posts

I think ending an auction on a Tuesday is weird.

Situation was made worse by the holiday weekend. I was at work and it felt like a Monday.  It was an hour into the auction before it occurred to me that lots were ending.

4,140 posts
9 hours ago, mister_not_so_nice said:

You'll have to do better than that to throw the detectives off of YOUR trail. hm

I wish!

Just not for that much, that's all.

4,140 posts
6 hours ago, J.Sid said:

I think ending an auction on a Tuesday is weird.

Situation was made worse by the holiday weekend. I was at work and it felt like a Monday.  It was an hour into the auction before it occurred to me that lots were ending.

lol

Maybe it doesn't matter, people chase what they chase 24/7 but...I was thinking the same thing, lousy scheduling (for the consignors).

If nothing else CLink's rather unique throwback business model certainly gives us counterpoints every few months to how HA runs things.

Competition is good.

278 posts

Last year, the original art session also ended the night after Labor Day...

And, allegedly there was a server crash somewhere that was to blame for certain 'low' final bids on 'just' a certain segment of lots, including a Dave Cockrum Marvel Fanfare cover...

...for those lots 'unfairly' impacted by the outage, bidding was extended (another 24 hrs?)...

20180904_110521.jpg

1,566 posts

I actually thought the Larsen splash could have gone higher if not for the auction date being so close to Labor Day.

101 posts

For some of the stuff I follow, I thought the prices were on the soft side. The Angle Medina Warlock and the Infinity Watch cover for $1600 really surprised me, as did the Tom Grummett Titans title splash featuring Deathstroke for $569.

74 posts

Maybe ComicLink should consider moving their Featured Auctions to be 2 months before Heritage's quarterly auctions. This way the major auctions would be more evenly spaced giving collectors time to replenish their war chests.

4,277 posts
29 minutes ago, gumbydarnit said:

Maybe ComicLink should consider moving their Featured Auctions to be 2 months before Heritage's quarterly auctions. This way the major auctions would be more evenly spaced giving collectors time to replenish their war chests.

heh, I haven't kept track but does HA and clink have 4 a year? 2 months earlier just means 1 month after the previous one!

Malvin

74 posts

I guess it would be more like a month and a half before instead of two months... darn math! The point would be to get them as close to the halfway point between the HA auctions as possible.

3,311 posts

Forgot that clink charges sales tax now.  That was an expensive reminder... I will have to factor that in next time. 

:tonofbricks: