• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How much for Stan Lee's First comic cover cameo?

12 posts in this topic

Hi, I saw a 1950 Black Rider #1,8 comic on ebay and I was wondering how much it is worth? Do you think it might be a good investment?

The comic is the highest graded CGC issue, an 8.0 and it has a beautiful Stan Lee autograph on it. There is one issue graded higher in the CGC Census but it has been restored and I am not interested in any restored comics.

The comic is on auction and is up to $2000 so far. It is a really rare comic and very few have been graded according to the CGC Census. 

I was thinking that I would place a bid on it, but I wanted to know what the CGC experts on the chat board thinks before I do.

Does anyone know how much this might be worth, or if it might be a good investment? The Auction ends next Saturday, the 24th of August.

Thanks!

s-l1600.jpg

On 8/17/2019 at 9:42 PM, Xenosmilus said:

I'm a Marvel fan but have zero interest in that book, that being said I have no interest in Stan's autograph either.  I think it's a pretty sloppy signature (this one is better than most though).

According to the label on the book, it was signed by Stan early last year. I sure hope I can sign my name half as good as his when or if I hit 90 years of age.