• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

House of & Powers of X
1 1

28 posts in this topic

I haven't been able to get House 2 but will be fine with a reprint, which I assume will happen. I have a lot of faith in Hickman as I have enjoyed so much of his stuff so I am an active buyer again now for these. Had to take the action figure variant of Powers 2 as it was the last one at the LCS.

HOX and POX issue 2 has got me super excited for where these are going. I dropped out of reading X-men a while back and didn't read much Marvel when Rebirth started over at DC. However, these, Venom and the Immortal Hulk are way better than the DC stuff at the minute.

I pre-ordered the HOX2 Larraz Virgin variant as I liked the cover and it was something like £20. I'm so glad I did now! Hickman has turned one of the most annoying (for me at least) characters in X-men lore into one of the most important. POX 2 has got me super excited to see what they do with - 

Spoiler

Cyclops - Hopefully making him into the soldier/Basilisk badass he's can be. 

Apocalypse - Never thought I'd see the day that the X-men would actively let him lead an assault team. I'm hoping for an Apocalypse vs Nimrod showdown.

Hickman and Cates are killing it at Marvel. Redefining characters and sticking true to what's gone before. Unlike Bendis at DC.

Edited by Jitstark

This run feels like it has the potential to be a classic. 

Spoiler for House of X #2...

Spoiler

The narrative jiu jitsu he pulled off in one issue to transform Moira MacTaggert from a mostly bland bystander into the focal point of the X-Men multiverse was masterful. We'll see how things turn out, but it feels on par with Swamp Thing 21 and Animal Man 5 in the way it fundamentally transforms a character.

Don't know if anyone else went through this, but after Age of X-Man (which I thought was pretty terrible) I had a bit of cross-over fatigue and had originally planned to sit this one out.  After reading fan reactions, I went back and picked up the issues (tracking down House of X #2 was a f***ing odyssey). 

I agree this has been a cool take on the series and I'm fascinated to see how this leads into the planned relaunch.  

Like many, by and large X Men comics have done very little for me in recent years. I enjoyed most of Bendis’ run on the titles (especially Uncanny, but I’m in the minority I know), and Lemires run on Extraordinary was disappointing and I totally fell of at IvX. But this is great so far and very rewarding to a long time reader. These books have sold out quick all over around here and it’s out of legit story interest. I’m so hyped to see where Hickman takes this story I cant wait to get back home and read the latest issue.

I'm thrilled that the X section of the Marvel universe is must read again, and I really love the direction Hickman's going with this (plus, I'm a sucker for see the future, change the past kind of stories).

I know that it's still coming together as a story, and meant to kind of fill in as it goes (and the time hopping doesn't really help since it's not linear), but did anyone else take from it that things like AVX are being ret-conned away? I don't remember exactly how it was phrased in HoX 2, but the panel with the phoenix force from AvX and something like "the dark times no more" or whatever made me think, it's at least plausible, he's cleaning up the continuity too? Anyone else feel that way or did I see something that wasn't really there?

So excited to see the X-Men being provocative, inventive, fun, and super cool all at once again.  Hickman, Larraz, and Silva are knocking it out of the friggin’ park b/w both runs.  We will be talking about POX and HOX for decades!  POX 3 was a revelation.  I honestly can’t remember the last time new comic book day Wednesday was an event.  This is masterful storytelling b/w these two books that transcends the genre.  Brilliant.  To paraphrase the Geto Boys, “Damn it feels good to be a geek.”

Loving this and definitely agree it's shaping up to be a classic.  While I enjoyed the Bendis/Bachalo run on Uncanny and was intrigued by the Bendis/Immonen run on All-New X-Men, I don't think the X-Men have been this relevant or exciting since Claremont/Lee in the 90s.

Plus they finally gave us a Krakoan decoder in today's House of X!

Spoiler

Next: "IT WILL BE DONE"  Then: "SOMETHING SINISTER"

Edited by Doc McCoy

13 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Anyone know why they are doing two weeks in a row for House of X? 

Patrick

Wasn't Powers two weeks in a row too? I assume it has to do with reading order. But in reading each I'm not sure it matters really.

https://www.howtolovecomics.com/2019/08/19/house-of-x-powers-of-x-reading-order/