• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Pressing vs. Third Party
1 1

24 posts in this topic

On 8/17/2019 at 9:04 PM, NWOslave said:

Im considering getting some books pressed. Does anyone have any experience getting items pressed by CGC? If so what was your experience?

Any third party companies you might recommend in lieu of CGC?

Actually yes, I do know of someone and consider them to be heads and shoulders better than CGC’s sister Company ( CCS ),  isn’t this about getting the best possible result on your investment, that you can get. Forget about what’s in “Good Taste,” this is your money at play here not anyone else’s. If you want more information contact me on Instagram @Brettbarrett95 send me a DM, and check out some of the books and results from the Professional Pressing Company I had my books done with.

1 hour ago, engelhard said:

i have had good experiences with getting books pressed by CCS and if your gonna get a book slabbed by CGC you might as well use CCS

I used CCS for pressing on the occasions where they were removing resto, and they did a good job. Otherwise, I was very happy with poeyjost.*.

*story.thumb.JPG.d429ab1f23203b35bcf9e51864540885.JPG

I don't think the mods crack down on this. WHile they're affiliated, CGC and CCS are not the same company.  You wouldn't be naming a direct competitor of CGC.  It would be like mentioning a different coin grading company.  Maybe not the favorite thing of the mods, but so far I haven't seen any cracking down on it.

CCS pressed my GSX1 and it went from 8.5 to 9.0.  They also did my MSH13 and it went from 9.0 to 9.2 which was huge. 

I spent the extra money since it’s convenient to just ship to one place. 

On 8/22/2019 at 4:02 PM, revat said:

I don't think the mods crack down on this. WHile they're affiliated, CGC and CCS are not the same company.  You wouldn't be naming a direct competitor of CGC.  It would be like mentioning a different coin grading company.  Maybe not the favorite thing of the mods, but so far I haven't seen any cracking down on it.

I believe this to be the case as well.

Ive had good experiences and bad experiences. I no longer trust CCS with anything thats high value that's less than a 7.0 as I have personally had two of my mid-grade books come back with popped staples. They are just so busy that being extra delicate can be lost in the process.