• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spotting restoration

7 posts in this topic

Wow, is that a date stamp or hand writing?  Is that just white out or is it scraped off?  If its white out I think it can be removed.  But yes, that would likely affect the value especially if its looked at as a stain.  I don't think that would be considered restoration because its not restoring anything.  @joeypost

I believe the OP PM me asking about the hit to grade I told him it would definitely drop the grade, but to check with a pro who deals with resto removal as I know its probably not considered resto but maybe they can remove it like similar to the process of CT removal. 

he also confirmed it to be white out over a date stamp.

Any thoughts on my advice to the OP

4 hours ago, joeypost said:

Looks like whiteout to me. 

+1

Of course it is. Restoration. Color-touch. It's either white-out, white pant/acrylic, or white china marker "color touching" the date stamp in a horribly failed attempt.

Shame it wasn't left alone. Looks like it could be a very nice book, from what little we can see of it.

Edited by James J Johnson